People Who Aren't There?

Discussion in 'Weird, Bizarre and Mysterious' started by makihiko, Feb 6, 2017.

1. makihiko

makihiko Official hippie since 2005

Every few weeks I see a figure. I don't know if it's a man or a woman. I don't know if it's always the same person.

I see a person, like a shadow of a figure, in my peripheral vision. when I look towards them, they are gone, but I still feel their presence.

Has anyone else experienced this?

It is always when I am alone. It almost always happens when I am inside. Some places it happens more than others.

I sometimes see him/it when I am at work, but I have seen him/it when I am at my parents house.

I have told a few friends, but they always think its some sort of mental disorder, but I have no other symptoms besides seeing a ghostly figure.

1 person likes this.
  2. archenemy

archenemy Members

Yep this has happened to me. but not as frequently as what u have experienced...

3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i sometimes see what looks like a person in my peripheral vision, but i never feel any presence and i don't think there's any pattern to when or where it happens. i've always just chalked it up to my brain misinterpreting ambiguous signals from my periphery.

4. makihiko

I have talked it over with a few of my friends, some of them say ghosts, some say demons, some say Im just seeing things, and my mind is making up the feelings.

I will let you guys know if it happens again.

5. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I see them.

Sometimes they just pass from doorway to doorway in the hall.

Other times, I'v thought that I saw them pass behind me. Once or twice, it's been so vivid that I went into the room and looked for my husband because he's the only other person here. Of course, he is nowhere near where I thought I saw the person go. He's sitting in his room where he mostly stays.

I don't see this often but I like I said, when I do see it, it's becoming more vivid. I can make out clothing colors where as in the beginning it was more of a shadow.

1 person likes this.
  6. makihiko

yes that's it!its very vivid, yet very vague at the same time.

at first, it was just a slight shadow and a feeling, but each time I experience this, it feels clearer. I often do think it is an actual person, then poof, nothing, nobody, and and odd sensation.

7. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yeah...I have no idea what it is.

From what I can tell it just seems to be passing through.

8. themnax

themnax Senior Member

thingummies from quantum parallel universes. they're there, just not in the same there.

well ok, i'm being a little bit silly here.

what iminundies said is what happens most of the time.

not saying its the only thing that ever does.

we don't live in a universe limited by what we think we know,

but we do live in one where some things happen a LOT more, or LESS often then others.

there was a poem i wish i could remember about meeting a guy who wasn't there.

another thought is something called a dragon path, that happens to pass through where you're seeing this, kind of from the side.

its another variation on ways to pass between parallel universes.

you trade universes with the you from that universe when you do, so there's no obvious discrepancy to those you know.

neighboring universes aren't that much different from each other, usually just one key event in history that happened slightly differently from one to another.

every time something could have gone as easily one way as another, it spawns a parallel universe in which it did.

passing between them is why we sometimes remember things differently then everyone else does.

well there's always lots of mostly harmless ways things can be strange.

or you might see someone who isn't there.

makihiko and Aerianne like this.
  9. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

"As I was going up the stair
    I met a man who wasn't there!
    He wasn't there again today,
    I wish, I wish he'd stay away!"

1 person likes this.
  10. themnax

themnax Senior Member

thank you. that was what i was trying to remember. it was one my dad liked to quote all the time, along with fuzzy was a bear, fuzzy wuzzy had no hair, fuzzy wuzzy wasn't fuzzy wuz he?
    and "you can tell a man who boozes by the company he chooses, and the pig got up and slowly walked away" though even he only quoted that last line and had to look up the rest of it if he wanted to.
    we had a couple of poetry anthologies, maybe more then two. i remember edgar e guest was one of them. and i think we may have had an ogden nash collection too.

11. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i love people who aren't there. i love them so much, because they aren't people who are.