People that can't not be in a relationship

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Face Eater, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Face Eater

Face Eater Banned

They sicken me. A girl I work with bought a home with her boyfriend at 17, just out of high school. She then broke up with him at 20 and has ever since been asking me for advice about dating other guys. I have been pretty much hinting at the fact that she is a needy, mindless whore, but I am too nice to say it straight out. After sleeping with a few people and going through some pretty shitty flings, she has now met someone with a lot of money and likes Pink. They have been on three dates and are moving into a new house together in a fortnight. Much of the above arrangement was discussed on myspace.

Maybe I am an asshole, and also I am slightly jealous because about 99% of my life has been spent single, but no, people that cannot stand to be on their own at least for a short while are destined for unhappiness or at least a second-rate, fake happiness.

2. BunnySuit

BunnySuit Senior Member

you're just jealous because she found the rich man first.

3. DroopySnoopy

DroopySnoopy The ORIGINAL Dr. Droop

I just hope I'm not that guy. haha

4. Face Eater

Face Eater Banned

She is neurotic too. She overanalyses every single thing that happens between her and other guys. She is like the george costanza of the dating world. She repeats her conversations word by word. I like her, but I wish I could make her grow up.

5. DroopySnoopy

DroopySnoopy The ORIGINAL Dr. Droop

I have done that from time to time too. I try to stop but it's hard sometimes.

6. Xac

Xac Visitor

Thats what i was thinking.

7. Face Eater

Face Eater Banned

No, that is only a small part of it. Learning to stop longing for other people is awesome. It sounds boring and intellectual but it is such a lovely feeling. I'm not saying I no longer have a penis and don't constantly long for a woman's touch, but I am quite satisfied with a life without romance. You are one of the most holy people on this site. Not that I care or think any less of you for it, I am just sayin.

8. Xac

Xac Visitor

Fucking is only one small part of it.

9. Xac

Xac Visitor

Holier then thou?

10. Face Eater

Face Eater Banned

aye.

Anyway. Maybe I should readjust what I am saying.

I am cool with people that are needy and pine and long for love, but I feel sorry for people who settle with anything that comes along just so they can get rid of those feelings. I think some shopping around is necessary when you want to buy a good car, although it does suck not having a car.

11. Xac

Xac Visitor

Well, i dont mind you said that, although i find it a touch ironic (not because you're preachy) because i usually get the most shit when i am arguing with some preacher.

One can't over think these things, some rely on feeling much more so, also she may still get another car ;)

12. Face Eater

Face Eater Banned

I know what you mean. I know people like this and they seem to get along ok. I think in this instance though it is something that is going to develop into unhealthy cycles.

13. Xac

Xac Visitor

well it is true that people can be bad for other people, but i am not quick to judge these things, life is life, love is love and each person needs to make their own choices. I think the only way anyone can tell is by the results.

14. zilla939

zilla939 Thought Police Lifetime Supporter

i have a couple friends like that. i always enjoyed my single time because i am a big fat tease but i must admit i rather enjoy the relationship i am in

15. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

Relationships are highly over rated.

16. LoriBaby

LoriBaby Member

my husband passed a week ago today. ive had to eat valuim like candy to make it thru.his wake was today and it was the hardest thing ive ever done. so i guess ill be joining u in the single department for a long time.

17. ToFunToDie

ToFunToDie Senior Member

Dude you are awesome. Just for posting that you are fucking awesome. Wow it is so true, people like that are just well dumb. Anyways you are now awesome and i want to be your friend. best friend preferably.

18. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

So sorry to lose him so young. You have my deepest sympathy.

19. ToFunToDie

ToFunToDie Senior Member

I am sorry for your loss. And my best wishes go to you.

20. LoriBaby

LoriBaby Member

thank u ....but i dont know if i can make it. he odosed and i woke up to him foaming at the mouth.so i called 911 instead of cleaning up evidence and they threw me in jail for his junk.he was my soulmate. a huge part of me is mssing now