People philosophize on this forum too much

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by givepeaceachance, May 23, 2004.

1. givepeaceachance

givepeaceachance Member

Has any one else noticed that sooo many people try to philosophize on this forum? I'm not neccessarily complianing, because some people genuinely know what they are talking about and tell others what they know. And it's not every one, either. Most people are really cool about everything. But sometimes, a lot of times actually, people try to top other's replies by their own really deep, really philisophical entry. Can't people just make comments? This is a free speech website, right? Do other's have to constanly show them up and preach to them about how they said the wrong thing or they shouldn't do this or do that? We're all human, none of us know what the hell is going on, so why do some people have to act like they are all wise, and all-knowing, when actually they are as clueless as the person who asked the question or made the comment in the first place. Does that ever bother anyone besides me? Am I the only one who's noticed it?

2. dhARmaMiLlO

dhARmaMiLlO Member

3. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

I personally think that philosophical answers are the only thing that diverse this forum from idiotic random teen forums (like Young Hippies, per example)

If you want simplicity, go there. Yet, please do not ask for simplicity, I personally, despise it.

4. ncsu123

ncsu123 Member

you all dont kno what ur talking about, u should all die, am i the only one here with brains

5. ncsu123

ncsu123 Member

im just play'n around, hahahaha :)

6. Samhain

Samhain Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

if i think it applies i listen, if i don't think it does i don't

s

7. Mui

Mui Senior Member

I could reply with something philosophical to top that with, but I wont.

8. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

I bet you could not do that.

9. Samhain

don't worry Mui Bird has to write in green felt tip because they won't let him have anything sharp

s

10. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

You fail to make sense.

11. Samhain

adsfhafy wgetuywi gy ti y

s

12. badassdawickedmoose

badassdawickedmoose Member

i personally think there should be more philosophy on the random thoughts. i'm all for the shitty spam threads and all, love them, but ye need diversity, it's good to see a meaningful thread now and again, I like them...

and I hate te say it, but Mr. Rubin's right, if ye want simplicity, go to young hippies. they got simplicity te burn down there :p

13. givepeaceachance

givepeaceachance Member

Oh boy. People always take it to the next level. I'm not going to try and save my ass, I will try and explain my thoughts a little better though. Alright. I didn't say I was against philosophy. I didn't say I wanted simplistic dumbass responses either. I simply said sometimes (it seems) people are trying to out do each other with how wise or un-byist their answer can be. You all know, some of you did it in response to my initial comment. I may be digging myself deeper and deeper in the hole, but I just have to wonder why people must be smarter than the other guy (or in the case of this forum, more open minded). I was going to say, I'm sorry if I offended anyone, but if someone was offended by what I said then they misunderstood me.

14. dhARmaMiLlO

dhARmaMiLlO Member

15. givepeaceachance

givepeaceachance Member

Maybe I just shouldn't have used the word philosophize, it's not really what I was trying to get at, and now peoples are thinking I'm close minded.

16. Samhain

i wouldn't worry to much if i where you, people can be villian one minuet on here then flavour of week next

s