People Don't kill People, Guns Do!

Discussion in 'True Confessions' started by RavenBrain, May 5, 2007.

1. RavenBrain

RavenBrain Member

This is a fact, although i understand that it is possible to kill a man hand to hand, guns are more efficient killers of people!

2. Any Color You Like

Any Color You Like Senior Member

Guns are like money... it's only a tool. However, like money, they influence the mind. So in a way, you're right.

I'd say
    "People don't kill people... people with guns kill people!''

3. RavenBrain

RavenBrain Member

The thing is, without money there is no guns and without guns there is no war......in my world
    no money, no guns, no war...I am as you now probobly realise a anarchistic hippie! allthough without tools we become helpless

4. Nalencer

Nalencer Dig Yourself

Is that pic from Lord of War?

5. RavenBrain

RavenBrain Member

What.....?!?

6. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

The Christian Crusades were done with out GUNS! The Roman Empire killed with out GUNS! The Great Chinese Warrior Kahn did all his with out GUNS! SO your stance is with out any facts and obviously incorrect.

Ed Gien killed with out a GUN! Most prison murders are commited without a GUN!

A GUN is nothing but a means for another to use it as they see fit be it to clean, admire, hunt, target practice and yes to commit crimes it is the holder of the GUN that decided the action the GUN takes not the GUN!

Has any GUN been charged with murder? Can the GUN hire an attorney?

7. broony

broony Banned

People dont kill people, knives do.

You can say that about anything and criticize it to hell. It just happens to be that guns are the weapon of choice. I hope you realize things will only get worse.

8. myself

myself just me

Elementary logic...

9. Mr Iceman

Mr Iceman Member

DEATH is the biggest killer, death kills everyone

10. myself

myself just me

11. lunarflowermaiden

lunarflowermaiden Senior Member

Well, you are correct in a sense. Obviously, guns must be used by humans to kill. They are tools, and they do not have lives of their own. Therefore, people do kill people. On the other hand, I do understand the point you are trying to make and fully agree with you. Guns are a much useful tool to use than, say, knives. Honestly think about it for a second. With a gun, one is able to kill much more quickly and at greater distances than he or she would be capable of with a knife, sword, bare hands, ect. (unless that person is a skilled knife-thrower, but even in that case, the use of a gun is much easier). I would never own a gun, even for protection purposes.

12. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

Actually, guns don't kill people.......the bullets kill people.

13. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

Alot of people have that view but they seem to desire the quick response of a person with a gun when they are threatend, why is that?

I mean Rosie O'donell is against guns yet she has an armed (hand gun) body guard. I find it rather funny.

You sadly can not change the simple fact that there is people who desire to harm others and with the progress of time there are greater weapons created to make it easier for both good and bad to do thier works. Sadly there is no perfect world, to many choices and to many desires.

14. The Exile

The Exile Member

If guns kill people, forks made Rosie O'Donnell fat.

15. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

I say we make McDonalds and Car companies pay for making obesity, diabetics, high blood pressure, heart disease, teen deaths, drunk drivers, car crashes and teenage mothers. LOL :)

Seems to make just as much sense.

16. lunarflowermaiden

lunarflowermaiden Senior Member

I do not understand that either. It is very hypocritical to be against guns while still supporting the use of them in some way. Rosie O'Donell makes some good points in what she says, and I support her right to free speech, but I do not always find myself agreeing with her.

I could be wrong, but I think the original poster's point is that guns make it much easier to kill, so they do play a role in why there are so many deaths from school shootings and the like. The same goes for eating. Food and utensils do not make a person obese, but they certainly do help.

17. dd3stp233

dd3stp233 -=--=--=-

I think that would depend on the circumstance. Bullets cost money but a knife can be used over and over. So in the long run a knife would be much less expensive, a knife would usually require slightly more labor, though. As the Nazi's learned in WW2, guns are total inefficient for killing large numbers of people, the time and material cost add up quickly. Their solution was using gas chambers, which amounted to a large cost and materials savings.

And if you check your history, the highest amount of casualties in a school massacre, was from a bomb not guns. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster

18. mynameisjake07

mynameisjake07 Banned

Well lets see here. Man made guns. Guns when shot by a man can kill somebody. And when your arrested for murder, your gun is not charged the human is charged with murder. So therefor people kill people.

19. The_Egg

The_Egg Member

When i hold a gun i cant say i have ever felt the gun take control of me and make me want to kill people. And if some asshole with a knife came in my home while I and my family are home I would put a coffee can size hole in his chest. Guns are nice to have IMO but with that I also think anyone who wants to have a gun should have one. The Reason things get soout of control (lets say at Virginia Tech) The reason so many people died is because law obiding citezens where not alowed to have a gun and they could not protect them selfs from a maniac. Giving the peace sign will not stop some one who is hell bent on killing you.
    Sorry to come off as a asshole but thats just my opinion I wish there was no war and no crazy people but you have to face the fact.
    Keep on Rocking people

P.S. When David Crosby once got busted for having a gun on him and the cop asked him why he would need that David said "have you ever heard of John Lennon"

20. RavenBrain

RavenBrain Member

surely there were reasons at the time of the crusades....i said at the start that it is possible to kill a man hand to hand...BUT....guns are more EFFICIENT killers...they dont get caught!....they dont get tried!...they dont get sent to jail! bullets are not even a suspect! That to me is an efficient killer