Penis Length

Discussion in 'Genitalia' started by Jonah Kim, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Jonah Kim

Jonah Kim Members

Hello everyone.
    I know you guys get questions like these often, but I was hoping you guys could answer another one :).

When pressed hard against my pubic bone, my penis measures 5.1 inches, with a 4.5 inch girth. However, when measuring the length of my penis from the actual start of my penis to finish (not pressed against my pubic bone), I measure 4.5 inches long.

When people say 5.1 inches is the average, should I be considering my pubic bone pressed length or my actual length of 4.5 inches?

Isn't the actual penis length the only part used in actual sex? Should I really be considering my extra 0.5 inches?

Also, is my penis long enough for people to not say "it's not the length but how you work it"?

Thanks so much <3

2. Barry Mandelay

Barry Mandelay Banned

You are measuring correctly per many medical journals. Pressing into the pubic bone is the accepted method. But the amount of actual penetration is closer to the second method you used.

Consider the pressed pubic bone method as your length when compared to what is average.

Actually the measurement without pressing into the pubic bone is closer to penetration depth. In fact the depth is less than that due to restrictions associated with the vagina. A women's leg position, her labia, even "extra padding" all interfere with the depth of penile penetration during sex. You considering the extra half inch isn't going to make any difference.

People will say what they want. It doesn't matter. Your penis length is just fine. There are many women who have discomfort with longer than 6" penises. Besides very few women orgasm from intercourse and very few men are longer than that. It's all in how you interpret the statement. The truth is that to satisfy a woman it is how you work it and I don't mean by how you move your penis inside her body. To many men are obsessed with penile size and stretch the truth about what they are packing. So be proud of your 5.1" penis and take care of it. It's the only one you've got.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  3. Jonah Kim

Jonah Kim Members

Alright, thanks!
    So if what the medical journal says is true, does that mean that the average is technically 5.1 inches, but the actual average penis length is around 4.5 due to the pressing of the pubic bone?

4. Barry Mandelay

Barry Mandelay Banned

You may be looking at a Journal of Urology study, where the researchers used a group of only 80 men. I feel that this isn't a broad enough spectrum to establish an average size across multiple races and cultures.

Another study of 15,000 men who were measured by health professionals has concluded that the average length of an erect human penis is 5.17 inches long. But expect to double that when you measure total length from inside the body. Yes, measure from where it attaches inside near the prostate.

Now then, take into consideration all of the factors while measuring the size of a penis. There are minor variabilities in size depending upon arousal level, time of day, room temperature, frequency of sexual activity, and reliability of measurement. I have measured myself at various times and come up with different lengths and girth. I swell up a little bit larger in girth and length when I take a dose of sildenafil. But what counts is the amount of penetration that can be achieved into the vagina. Or better yet, how nice it feels to sink into a soft wet vagina and enjoy the sensations of sexual intercourse.

The bottom line is measuring a penis is really not necessary as long as you get pleasurable experiences from it's usage.

5. MartNorth

MartNorth Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

WELL SAID.
    Seems a lot of guys are hooked on bragging about theirs, on the internet, true or not, no way of kn owing.

6. Jonah Kim

Jonah Kim Members

Thanks for the reply! The reason I ask is just to see where I fall in the penis length range to see if I fall under the average range.
    The 5.17 inches u mentioned - is it when the ruler is pressed on the pubic bone? Sorry it just wasn't clear for me.
    If so, am I technically average because my length is 5.1 when pressed?

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  7. Barry Mandelay

Barry Mandelay Banned

Let me go over this again. When medical professionals measure penile length for their studies they measure pressed into the pubic bone. Personally I think this is incorrect but it is the acceptable method. So press a ruler into the pubic bone, record the length, compare yourself to the average. You are average in length at 5.1". Measure yourself during the summer months when it is hot out and you may be 5.25". Measure again 6 month later and have a little more stored fat down there. You may only be just over 5". There are lots of variables with measuring the human organ and men have a lot of insecurities and obsessions over penis length.

Here's what's nice about having a penis that is average in length versus the braggarts who claim 7, 8, 9, even over 10 inches as their size. A woman's vaginal depth measured from the opening to the cervix is from 3 to 7 inches. Some are only able to take a full 5 inches in penetration. Some more and others less before it becomes painful. A man with a 9 inch penis will never achieve full body to body contact as he will bottom out. It will become very uncomfortable for her. Therefore the sex will not be as good for her as it would be for a shorter length man who fills her nicely without pain. Studies have shown women prefer a penis that is average in length as it fits better. They do prefer a larger girth penis as the vagina is more sensitive to a larger width than it is to length. So the bigger around you are the better for her.

Don't obsess about length. You are average and that's just fine. Don't listen to your buddies who claim to be packing a 9" whopper. Penis length stories are just like fish stories. They are always longer than the truth. Be happy you have a functioning penis of your size. It's great and when it's time to have sex with a woman the size wont matter. The feelings you get from the interaction with a female partner far outweigh the false pride of having a monster cock.

Bryce and Jonah Kim like this.
  8. Klimax2gether

Klimax2gether Members

A length of 5.1 inches is more than enough to satisfy a woman. I also hope you have sufficient circumference which can be measured with a tape when it is erect. A circumference of 4 - 5 inches will be good enough to have a tighter fit in an average sized vagina. The vagina is usually 4 - 7 inches in depth. A 4 inch vagina is capable of stretching to 6 -7 inches to accommodate a longer penis. The vaginal wall has fibro-elastic tissue. The vagina is most sensitive in its outer one third of its length. In addition the clitoris which is the most sensitive sexual organ, including the the inner vaginal lips (labia minora) and the clitoral hood are at the entrance of the vagina. The inner depths of the vagina is sensitive to only stretching which is normally not a sexually pleasurable sensation. Therefore, if your penis can penetrate the first (outer) 1 or 2 inches of the vagina, and have a tighter fit then that is what is needed to satisfy a woman sexually.

Bryce likes this.
  9. Bryce

Bryce A nut busting poster is a happy poster!

You look like a good looking enough guy. Combine that with genuine niceness and knowing how to treat a lady (or guy) right, it don’t even matter what your dick size is at that point. But I think the way you are measuring it is correct.

Klimax2gether likes this.
  10. Oldiebutgoodie

Oldiebutgoodie Members

Couple things I have learned in my long, active life: 90% of women achieve orgasm via their clit, not the vaginal canal. I would gladly trade my longer bigger one with you if possible. At least 8 times it was "oh, that hurt" and no more sex from that girl. My wife and I have had issues ever since we were married 30 years ago.

You have a perfect size penis.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
    Bryce likes this.
  11. George Woods

George Woods Visitor

Well i guess it is average 7 1/2 inches and the girth around 5 1/2 inches , as long as the wife is satisfied with it

12. CalebDume

CalebDume Members

Pressing to the pelvic bone is the "official" way to measure. The reason is that body fat could "hide" some of the erection. Think of it this way. If I (or you) were obese, some of the erection would be hidden in the fat. However, if I (or you) lost weight, then more of the erect penis would be visible. Did my (or your) penis actually grow? Wasn't the erect penis always the same length?

Grand prix likes this.