peircing/tattoo board?

Discussion in 'Body Modification' started by culture_revolution, Apr 14, 2005.

1. culture_revolution

culture_revolution Member

i'm not sure if i am posting this in the right place... sometimes i get lost

but anyway i was wondering if there was any chance that a pericing/tatto board could be started. i have a passion both and would like to meet others with the same interest.

2. GreenButterflyDaisy

GreenButterflyDaisy Desi

right on! there are topics all over the place on here..it would be great to have it all in one place

3. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

that would make me happy. Especially if people started posting pics of tattoo's and such... they just look so nice!

4. culture_revolution

i would love to see pictures of people's tattoos and peircings, plus it would be good if people had questions and needed advice from people who already have a certain peircing or area of tattoo

5. ydnim

ydnim hiya

great idea. can you just start one of those personl forums?

6. PeaceLuvinHippieTaz

PeaceLuvinHippieTaz Member

I always wanted a tatoo of Merlin holding a crystal ball, ever since I was a teen. But back then we were very involved in protesting against Jimmy Carter when the Iatolla Kamanie(sp?) had taken 130 US citizens hostage. A tatoo artist offered to do Merlin for free but my friends reminded me that I shouldn't have any identifiable marks for the FBI. Haha we were quite the drama queens back then. We did get arrested for marching in front of the White House but we were let out with a $50 fine. We were such rebels! Never did get that Tatoo. Hmmm may get it for my 43rd birthday.

7. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

I second the motion to have a piercings and tattoos forums...I think it's a fantastic idea!

8. come_do_drawrings

come_do_drawrings Jaime

does my vote count.... tattoo's are beautiful and I have had many piercings in my day
    so please and thank you.........Freakers Forum would be a nice touch :)

9. mistkgarden922

mistkgarden922 Member

I'm all about it. Lets talk tats and piercings.
    I've got my share of tats and had my share of piercings, to bad the man made me take out most of them, I hate being requried to look "normal" just to make the rent

10. culture_revolution

the pericings that people can see are my stretched ears, tongue and septum, and i have a job interview today. hopefully it goes well.

a lot of kids where i am from have peircings so owners of stores are going to HAVE to start hiring peirced kids becuase there are no others.

11. TARABELLE

TARABELLE on the road less traveled

I was at my tattoo artist's last night. He has designed a large piece for me to finish out my leg. It's going to be a nest of snakes draping over foliage and flowers. Three of them and to me they will stand for death, insanity, and physical illness; all three of which have affected my life enormously these last two / three years. It's going to be big, so I have to put together some funds first [​IMG]. Here's my right leg so far - it was all started to hide three really bad surgical scars. Can you see them?[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

12. sm0key42o8

sm0key42o8 Senior Member

I would like to see a board of this topic.

13. environmental_junkie

environmental_junkie Member

We totally need a body modification forum. I have tons of piercings, some brandings/scarification(soon tattoos)... body mod is one of my passions.

I vote for a Body Mod. forum!!!

p.s
    [​IMG]

This tattoo is rad!

14. MagicMedicine

MagicMedicine Sailor Scent

haha, start a petition. im all for it.

15. TARABELLE

Thank you very much, I have a very talented artist! The top purple colored flower and it's leaf cover one of my worst scars. 100% successful ~! I love it! The lady bug flying away stands for a friend who moved all the way across the county.

16. fylthevoyd

fylthevoyd Super Moderator

That is funny peaceluvinhippie,i got a kick out of that.Hey if you are really in the state of missery,hey neighbor,swmo here.Go for that tat,you won't regret it.Here's mine,I wish I could find someone local to finish out my sleeve,I know what animals I want to finish the living totem.I am picky about my artist.Anyway here's a work in progress;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. TARABELLE

Nice bear! Are you going to get any color or are you staying with the black? I've just had some orange touched up - it seems to fade fast.

I've only tattoo'd my leg so far, but what also keeps coming to mind is:

A star on thar!! [​IMG]

18. fylthevoyd

Hey Tarabell;
    I wish color would stay with me,that was all colored ,but working outside in the weather color fades fast,I would love to have it colored again.Your's are great,you have hell of an artist,slinging ink on you.Thanks for the thumbs up on my bear,look a little closer and the bear shares an eye with an eagle.This piece was a cover-up also,there was 30 year old military tat that I covered,plus the location of it also was a cover-up,covering up many years of stupid shit.Enough said on that.

19. TARABELLE

Understood! My guy does alot of cover up / repair work. How long have you had the tat that faded? My dagger, the first, is about 5 years old and the color is still good. Except for the koi (you can't see very well in the pics), and the ladybug, all of mine are two to five years old.

20. fylthevoyd

Hey Tara;
    The one in the pic is the one that had color all through it.The color was gone in less than a year.That one was done in two separate settings,the bear and eagle was about 10 hours and the deer was maybe 6 hours. they are approximately 5 or 6 years old.
    Most of the reason I don't retain color,is I am dark complexed,plus I build houses for living,so I spend most of my time frying in the sun. Not to mention the fact that my skin is tough,we burned up 6 needles just outlining the bear and eagle.These are legit guns,not your jailhouse tape motor style,I am an ink slingers nightmare,4 or 5 passes to get black to take.