Pedophiles: Sick or Evil?

Discussion in 'Mental Health' started by Libertine, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Libertine

Libertine Guru of Hedonopia

Most everyone who are not pedophiles revile pedophiles, but for what reason do you shudder at such a practice?

Do you think pedophiles are sick and in need of either psychological counseling, drug therapy or both whilst being quarantined from children?

OR

Do you believe pedophiles are "evil", overrun by "Satan" or "demons" and needed to be warehoused in prisons ONLY or perhaps EXECUTED?

It's your opinion. So feel free to be honest.

2. UrsusKind

UrsusKind U like Chris Farley?

I think it is a little of both. Some of um are just sick, you know maybe they were ritualy raped (molested) as a child and now their brain just thinks normal sexual activity is between adult and child.

But there are some sick ohs who just get off on the whole forbiden part of it, or they like the heplessness of their victim, or they are just sexual predators looking to take easy prey.

All the fuck jobs need help though. What ever help they can get.

3. Shane99X

Shane99X Senior Member

Sick or evil, either way if somebody touches my son he won't make it to the courthouse steps. That's a promise.

4. UrsusKind

UrsusKind U like Chris Farley?

Oh I forgot to mention that I consider murder in some cases "Help"

5. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

It doesn't matter whether they are sick or evil. They must be stopped from harming children. Why they want to harm kids is secondary to stopping them.

But if we understand their motivation, we can stop them better

Perhaps, but we must protect the kids even if we are wrong about why the pedophiles do what they do. Protection schemes based on the presumed motivation must include the possibility that those presumptions are wrong.

OK, I'll vote BOTH.

6. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I didn't read the poll questions.

Why castrated and tourture anyone to death, even those possessed by Satan?
    Isn't a quick painless death better for the exicutioner?

To put it another way, do you want your neighbor to be a liscenced torturer?

Society may need to be stern, but should be less cruel than transgressors.

7. Libertine

I agree with the progressive methods myself.

8. Shane99X

Shane99X Senior Member

The trouble is that not everyone accused of pedophilia is guilty.
    It's a word that tends to creep up in divorce/custody issues....

9. Shane99X

Shane99X Senior Member

but if we're talking about someone caught trying to seduce a 6yr old or something, then yeah, kill him.

10. That is such a tough and complicated argument - You can fall in so many holes and if you take the progressive point of view, you'll probably be labelled an idiot by many.

Interesting question: Could pedophilia be mainly a result of a collapsed and dysfunctional society? In other words:

Pedophilia is NOT a natural phenomenon, and on a small scale society as a whole needs to take some responsibility?

11. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

Ditto. I am a very peaceful nonviolent person, but if anyone were to ever touch one of my girls, there would be no body to be found...

12. I've never had children so perhaps i don't understand. But i couldn't imagine killing anyone for anything other than saving someone's life. I know its such a terrible thing though, i'm not really sure.

13. streamlight

streamlight Member

Just remember if there's no grass on the field, flip 'em over and play in the mud.

14. jonny2mad

jonny2mad Senior Member

I went for the Evil and need to be locked up FOREVER. option I dont believe in satan or generally in torturing people ,there are some circumstances that I might believe in torture if it was able to get information that would save lives maybe .

but generally I would say life imprisionment would be a good option, I dont think the other methods work and its not worth the risk

15. Nimrod's Apprentice

Nimrod's Apprentice Member

This is why hanging needs to come back. HANG EM! HANG EM! HANG EM! (the crowd cheered loudly) excerpt from the Crucible.

16. mushie18

mushie18 Intergalactic

I think pedophiles are evil human beings. They need to learn that touching children is wrong, and if that means execution, then by all means do it.

17. Thats a paradox. You can't teach someone whos dead.

18. jonny2mad

jonny2mad Senior Member

well you may be able to teach them for the short period before they die

19. jonny2mad

jonny2mad Senior Member

also it may teach unconvicted ones something either not to do it , or more likely to kill the children as they are less likely to be witnesses if dead .

Im not that keen on hanging as you sometimes get mistakes in courts and you end up hanging innocent people , wonder if we could send all these pedophiles to australia or the falklands or somewhere unpleasent and get them working on something useful.

like the good ole days .... wonder whats happening on devils island these days

20. Libertine

I understand the anger and frustration of many on here. As a father of two myself, I would be furious over such an event happening.

However, I am very familiar with dealing with a pedophile. One of my first cousins (like a brother to me) was the one who introduced sex to me. No, he didn't molest me, but he did show me several dirty magazines and explained lots of about sex to me when I was around 6 years old.

At the time, he was about 13 or 14 and I watched him have oral sex with a neighborhood girl that he went to school with. Like me, he masturbated at a very young age. Unlike me, his mental capacity didn't seem to grow with his maturity and he was messing with girls the same age up until he was in his early 20s--that I know of.

He told me one day (when we were both adults) that he still had fantasies of young girls and that he was afraid of himself--that he may act if he were around them. At this time, I wasn't married, but he was and had 3 kids!

I told him that he needed to go to a therapist and he told me that he was too ashamed and too afraid that because of the nature of his "illness". He said that he would be too embarrassed to discuss it with a therapist or anyone, but me. I guess because I was never too judgmental and had a HELL of a lot of tolerance.

Although I DO NOT tolerate pedophiliac practices, I do see (through him) that this illness could be--at least partly--nature for some people. Even in many nations what we as Westerners consider "pedophilia" and sick are part of the culture.

Old America had it. My great grandfather was 19 when he married my great grandmother who was 14. It is fine back then in the "fields and farm" days and even beneficial to society as a whole. But, now he would be arrested for molestation. See the point? I don't quite think of great grandfather as a predator stalking the streets... :D

Also, one guy here mentioned that anyone who takes a progressive method may look like an idiot. I think this is sad. Progressives are NOT defenders of child molestation--that is UTTERLY OUTRAGEOUS! So, we do not have to apologize away our position just to pacify barbarians. We believe in STOPPING THIS PRACTICE, but through ways that may ultimately lead to a stronger society through benefitting the victim and stopping the cause of the problem at its root with the offender.

I think, when I say I look at it from the progressive point, we have to address these questions:

What REALLY constitutes "molestation"?

What REALLY constitutes harm to minors?

Can we pinpoint what the actual harm IS in all areas? (For instance, there is a major difference in sodomizing a 9 year old and grabbing the ass of 12 year old. One is a physical abuse with physical damage, the other I highly doubt really has significant effects to the child throughout their lives unless it's "Dad" who's grabbing the ass--then that is another matter altogether!)

What can be done to stop molestation effectively and be beneficial to all parties? (Saftey for the child, Restitution for the family and Reform for the offender...)

Does the retributive (revenge) method REALLY benefit society as a whole better than a restitutive/reform method?

Is the human zoo, violent death or barbaric practices the ONLY answer for sick people who have had the same feelings since early childhood?

Is this the only crime where even some pacifists scream for violent acts to be committed to the offender?

Why do a great number of people who pass "tougher legislation" wind up being caught doing what they bark so loudly against?

If some cultures see things differently, what makes us right and them wrong?

THESE ARE LEGITIMATE QUESTIONS.

These are some areas I think we could have good open discussion on. I think all opinions here are needed.

Let's keep the ball rolling...