Peanut Soup.

Discussion in '100% Vegan' started by Jimbee68, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

I have no recipe myself, per se (but see below). But maybe you could help me out.

Quite some time back, I got this cookbook. Yes, You May Have the Recipe, I believe was its name. It had this recipe for Peanut Soup--apparently a regional favorite. (I have to tell you though. I live in Michigan. And before I got the book, I never heard of the recipe.) Anyways, one day, while still in high school, I figured it out. It is basically Chicken and Rice soup, plus about half a cup of peanut butter (with more peanuts to garnish, if you wish), and (this is very important) something hot. Some recipes I later saw, add Tabasco Sauce (which is vegan too, BTW). But Yes, You May Have the Recipe uses one-half or one teaspoon of Curry Powder--which I highly recommend. Curry and Peanuts go very well together, I have found.

How would you go about making this the vegan way? Is there a vegan No-Chicken soup that can be made from scratch?

Actually, I do have a partial solution, though. Amy's Soups (in the can, i.e.) have a no-chicken soup with rice. Pour two cans of Amy's in a pan, add half a cup of peanut butter, and a half or more teaspoons of curry powder. I never tried it with Amy's. But I don't know why it wouldn't work.

What do the rest of you think? And while we're at it, who else has heard of peanut soup? As I said, it is apparently regional dish. But from where? As I said, I know it tastes great with curry powder, and would probably just as wonderful with vegan ingredients.

:chef: :chef: :chef: [​IMG] [​IMG]