Peace Through War/ Killings?! How So?!

Discussion in 'Mind Games' started by hebrewnational00, Apr 30, 2007.

1. hebrewnational00

hebrewnational00 Senior Member

Has the method of war ever been totally effective?!
    i dont understand how ppl try to look for Peace and Harmony through war, and terror?!

Do you?!
    Please explain.

....if someone does something u dont like and u try to talk it out and it doesnt work, why is the next Reaction Violence, Arguments, Etc?!

2. Peace Child

Peace Child Member

War is the most pointless thing in the world. Why would we do anything like this? What do we get out of it. Nothing. But hundreds of people die. But in the end war stops. So why have it in the first place? What do we get out of people dieing. It's just totally pointless.

3. Nalencer

Nalencer Dig Yourself

For us, the people, it is totally pointless. For the people conducting it, it is very profitable monetarily, as well as advancing their agenda.

4. hebrewnational00

hebrewnational00 Senior Member

after a bunch of ppl die they take a break, try to make peace then go into war again until hunderd more die, and so on....Peace has never actually happened through war...

5. Nalencer

Nalencer Dig Yourself

That's exactly right.

6. illumincoalitional

illumincoalitional Member

peace comes through death

7. sourdiesel06

sourdiesel06 Member

Well the idea is that if you kill your enemies, they can't attack you. Peace. By the way, I'm not really sure if a bunch of Canadians and Americans can really bitch about violence. We've never had to live in a war and more than likely we never will have to. Hey whaddya know, post number 311. Time to steal some happy hours.

8. Nalencer

Nalencer Dig Yourself

Except the American Civil War, the War of 1812, World War I, World War II... violence begets violence. When has an attempt to achieve peace through war ever worked?

9. sourdiesel06

sourdiesel06 Member

Tell me, what was your experience in the American Civil War? Was it traumatic for you?

10. Nalencer

Nalencer Dig Yourself

It really was. I was in the battle of Gettysburgh. I lived through it, but only because one of my fellow soldiers shoved me to the ground just as one of those Yankee bastards was about to fire. He saved my life, but he got his head shot off ten minutes later. I later became good friends with his daughter, with whom I exchanged letters. That's the short version of a very long and complicated story. His name, by the way, was Ned.

11. floydianslip6

floydianslip6 Senior Member

The whole point is that the reason for war has nothing to do with someone doing something we don't like or getting to a state of peace.

Want to know why we have war? Take a look at war time economy

12. sourdiesel06

sourdiesel06 Member

This is true, people always give all the credit to the new deal for getting the US out of the Great Depression, when the thing that really did the job was WWII. Although I think it's a bit naive to say that the potential economic benefits of war are the primary factor involved in nations going to war.

Every armed conflict in the history of mankind is a result of one group of people upsetting the balance of power in a given region and the reaction of the other surrounding countries to that disturbance. It's like all the power in the world is a big fuckin pie. When one country tries to gain power, they do so by taking a bite out of someone else's slice of the pie and as a result they get pissed.

13. illumincoalitional

illumincoalitional Member

Germany did the same thing during WWII to pull them selves out of the depression.

I see it as a compelling siege, the world is like a big fucking family. When an uncle is rich most of the relatives kiss his ideal ass to get a piece of the 'action'. If the U.S went to the shittier tomorrow you'd see the whole fucking world change over night.

Like parasites

14. Belial

Belial Member

'Tis quite easy to achieve peace through war. You crush your enemies, you slaughter their children and their elderly, then you enslave the healthy! You force them to bow down to you like the pathetic beings they are, and you then, have peace. No one will rise against you if you are direct in your attacks and make them swift, then, apply sufficient pressure to them constantly and they will be like little children, unable to do anything.

15. Nalencer

Nalencer Dig Yourself

That doesn't sound like peace to me. To have peace, you can't have slaves. Everyone needs to be free. You can't constantly be guarding against a new uprising. You can't gain lasting peace by slaughtering people. That's just going to get you more enemies.

16. Arcanu Diabolus

Arcanu Diabolus Member

I agree with Belial, war is a needed part of society, without war, you will never achieve peace. You must take every precaution to ensure your victory, even if it means killing everything that moves and stuffing grenades in baby's diapers. That is how you have the freedom to speak, because that one baby with the grnenade in diaper was seen as hopeless. You must kill them all or else you will always slip up and make a mistake.

17. Belial

Belial Member

This world is filled with nothing but enemies. You think you have friends? They will not be there when you die. They will soon forget about you. Life as a whole, is worthless and pathetic, so you might as well do what you can to ensure that everyone who can, has a good life. If it means killing millions to make sure the future generations live in complete and utter bliss, then so be it. Kill them all for all I care, as long as my child is happy in it's life, the rest of the world does not matter.

18. Arcanu Diabolus

Arcanu Diabolus Member

That's completely true, you only have enemies and allies and even the allies have a price, there is no one to trust. So why care about there well-being if all they are going to do is stab you in the back when the first reward comes along? There's no point in trying to keep peace, it's a futile idealism that is brought upon by weak minded fools that are too afraid of getting their hands dirty.

19. Nalencer

Nalencer Dig Yourself

It's a sign of a weak argument to create another account to back yourself up, Belial Diabolus. Your argument is bullshit, and you sound extremely unhappy. We are all one, and to kill each other will only end up making us more unhappy. And I don't mean "we're all one" in the bullshit sense most people do, I'm talking for real. We're all really the same life force. Division and duality are illusions. If you play into them, you are denying your true identity: infinite oneness.

20. sourdiesel06

sourdiesel06 Member

You're damned if you do, damned if you don't. War only treats symptoms, but doesn't fix the underlying cause of problems. Unfortunately, those problems have a tendency to be extremely complicated, and as humans we go to war because it's easier. Face it, human beings are a mean, mean species, and to dominate our enemies is part of our nature.