PC Box Growing

Discussion in 'Cannabis Grow Rooms and Greenhouses' started by Cultosaurus, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Cultosaurus

Cultosaurus Member

Does anyone else use a PC box for a grow? I've seen a few TEKs out there for them. I'm trying to build one. Great stealth TEK, but it's not easy fitting some of the electrical in there.

2. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Ancient Mariner Administrator

That is really cool! I want to hear more about this myself.

Have you heard about other ways of constructing micro-grows?

It's so logical to use a PC case for this, rip out the motherboard and all the drives, leave the fan...and there you have a perfect little 'environment' that only needs lights, plants and water/nutrients to get going.

3. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

i am looking at my tower as i post...its a big tower compared to others....and i am picturing the smallest budding plant that i have ever seen...and i have seen hundreds of plants....there is no way it can be done other than if you only expect a few grams....i wish you luck but expect you will quickly pull the lights and fan out and reinstall them in a bigger box....this would be a fun hobby or experiment but i suspect those pictures on the other sites with huge buds inside a pc are faked to sell the equiptment.....

...please prove me wrong by having a healthy and successful grow

much luck...

4. Bonkai

Bonkai Later guys

I've read a few pc tower grows back in the day when i use to grow, obviously besides the equipment i would suggest getting a dwarf strain like Ak-47 to plant in your tower. The dwarf strains seem to have the best expected results in tower/close-quarter projects. Good luck mate.

5. Cultosaurus

Cultosaurus Member

I found several PC grows on other pot based forums. I don't know the rules on posting links, but if you check IC mag or Green Passion, there are a few on there.

As far as growing in them, you have to stick to a strain that grows short. Indica is shorter than sativa and then there are the training methods. LST, cropping and topping and other methods of keeping them short. I haven't done it yet, that's why I'm looking at other grow logs. If you can, try to find an old server box, they were much larger than the new mid and tall towers and others. They used to be over 3 feet tall, but are very hard to find any more. Most have long since gone to the landfill.

There are even a few interesting grows out there on keeping a bonsai mother.

6. Rocklobster

Rocklobster Senior Member

and what's wrong with the humble wardrobe grow? lol.

pick small strains and ones that won't triple in size when you bloom use clones rather then seeds

i would love to see this done too but think your be ditching the pc case after about a month.

7. Cultosaurus

Cultosaurus Member

Actually, the plan is to use the PC for starters and clones. I was going to try to bonsai the mother too. I have to build the second stage which will be about a wardrobe size on a 2 by 2 with a 150 watt. I'm the world's worst (best?) procrastinator. I've had the box for 4 or 5 months now and I'm just installing the lights now. The guitar I started to build 35 years ago is still waiting to be finished. Started even. I have all the parts but need to start routing the body. . .. anyway. It all has to be due to the stealth mode that I need to use. Another reason why we have to get legalization going much stronger everywhere. We shouldn't need to hide every little pleasure in life. The wardrobe won't be able to be too stealth though .. . have to make it look like a tool cabinet or something.

8. Rocklobster

Rocklobster Senior Member

lol tell me about it been meaning to quit the growing for the last five yrs but not gotten round to it.

tell you what though i once took clones from a plant few weeks in bloom and just left them under 12/12 they didn't get much more then about 8 inches tall and yielded about an 8th each.

9. CZDavisIII

CZDavisIII Guest

Ive tried PC grows for awhile never really worked out.