pavement too hot??

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by fragilenothing, Jul 30, 2006.

1. fragilenothing

fragilenothing Member

been walking barefoot for almost 3 months now... but as the weathers changing and becomming hotter, has anyone had trouble with the pavement being too hot!!?? i heared that flip-flops were melting on the pavements here in britain the other week.. but all my other barefoot friends dont have a prob with this!!!

2. Barefoot-boy

Barefoot-boy Member

Here in southern Arizona adverage summer high temps are usually in the low 100's. The pavement is too darn hot for me, with that in mind, I wear my flip flops during the day and go barefoot either at dusk or dawn. Lately we have been having heavy rains which at least for now is keeping the heat of the pavement at a tolerable level. I've never heard of flip flops melting, but I guess it can happen.

3. barefoot_kirstyn

barefoot_kirstyn belly flop

It happens to me all the time. I've been goin to the beach for the last 3 weeks, and I can't walk in the sand! I also lost my flip flop when I was leaving a 7-11 the other day and it killed to walk back and get it. Sometimes it's just too hot, especially if you have to wear shoes more often than you like, cuz then your feet just get more and more sensitive.

4. Beatle Kat

Beatle Kat Member

Today I went barefoot in town with 35C and my feet nearly got boiled!!But i guess that's because i'm not an experienced barefooter!

5. sweet_dream

sweet_dream Member

Here in California it got to 115 degrees F recently. The ground was very hot if I touched it with my hand, but my feet are used to it and I can walk around all day on it if I wanted to, but the rest of me would get too hot and dehydrated.

6. Balloonatic

Balloonatic Senior Member

^ ditto.

i think the bottom of my feet are rough or something because i can walk on pavement just fine while my friends are all trying to tip-toe into the shade getting their feet burnt. but with the heatwave we've had lately its too hot to even go outside let alone walk on the pavement

7. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

i don't even notice how hot the streets are. i see others running.. so i guees it must be hot.

8. Barefoot Matthew

Barefoot Matthew Member

The temperatures here are mild enough, even in the summer, that it's rare when I have to worry about it. Of course, that also results in my feet being more used to mild temperatures, so when it does get super hot, I'm one of those people you see bouncing from shadow to shadow, and walking on all the edges of the white stripes in parking lots. :p I don't mind being a tenderfoot.