Paul Newman

Discussion in 'Movie Stars' started by dollydagger, Jun 26, 2007.

1. dollydagger

dollydagger Needle to the Groove

He is one of my most favorite actors.....Cool Hand Luke, Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid, The Hustler, Somebody Up There Likes Me, etc......I absolutely love this man and his work. Anyone else share the same admiration as me?

And good lord was he smokin' hot...................

2. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

Watch "Hud" some time and "The Sting".

3. dollydagger

I will definately check those out

4. redyelruc

redyelruc The Yard Man

I've never been one for adoring a certain movie star but Luke in "Cool Hand Luke" has got to be one of the coolest, underplayed characters in any movie ever. I also think Newman's smile and eyes are the only things that have ever led me to remotely homosexual feelings.

Fuck. He is one handsome man.

Peace,
    Aidan.

5. *Autumn*Epona*

*Autumn*Epona* Hemptress

Mmmm his foods products are yummy too!

6. lucy_diamond

lucy_diamond Member

i watched 'Cool Hand Luke' and i think it's an awesome movie. i'm tired of all 21st century movies, movies that pretty much suck (not all! there are still some good movies though, but...)
    paul newman is very gooooood looking in the movie. so handsome, with a killin' smile and seductive eyes...mmm... :)

7. dollydagger

[[​IMG]
    ahh yes.....lets just take a moment to pause and admire......

Irminsul likes this.
  8. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

He is excellent in ABSENCE OF MALICE - 1981 and he also does well in HARRY AND SON (1984) -- I havent seen him in anything else........

9. Bicaptain My Captain

Bicaptain My Captain Members

Cat On A Hot Tin Roof with Elizabeth Taylor. The Long Hot Summer with his wife Joanne Woodward. Or Twilight with Reese Witherspoon. Reese has a topless scene. She has nice titties. Also topless in Wild. (Witherspoon, not Newman.)

10. sherman march

sherman march Members

I wonder if he would have become the star he did if James Dean hadn't died and Newman was chosen to replace Dean in SOMEBODY UP THERE LIKES ME. That movie launched Newman's career. I don't see Dean becoming the great actor in middle-age that Newman became simply because of Dean's boyish looks that probably would not have aged well. Also, being married to Joanne Woodward probably kept Newman's feet on the ground compared to the partying pretty boys like so many young actors became.

11. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

There have only been a small handful of Paul Newman movies that I liked including Cool Hand Luke, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, The Sting, The Verdict, and Hombre

12. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Scene from his last movie Road to Perdition with Tom Hanks, for which he was nominated for an Oscar for Best Supporting Actor. Great to the end!

[​IMG]

Bicaptain My Captain likes this.