*patchwork Pants*

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by Rar1013, Jan 30, 2005.

1. Rar1013

Rar1013 GroovaMama

I just spent all day making these pants...i started at about noon and finished them by seven :)

[​IMG]

2. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

they look very good =) they turned out great!

3. urbangal

urbangal Member

SSSSSSSSSSSwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeetttttttt!
    I have some material to make plus size patchies which I can't wait to do....er...when I get to it :)

4. Rar1013

Rar1013 GroovaMama

:H thanks ladies..

5. Wowwie! Those are some pretty nifty pants! I have always wanted to make my own pants, but I don't know where to start. Anyone got any pointers?

6. Peasento

Peasento Member

Those pants are really great but :eek: where are your feet???

7. Rar1013

Rar1013 GroovaMama

Well, what i did was sew all my patches togher .... i had four pieces... then i cut out my shapes and sewed them togher...:) it was pretty simple..but as w/ any patchwork it was very time consuming...

I didn't use a pattern..but i do recommend using one if u are not a regular seamstress...because the rise is really hard to figure out...the butt side needs to be bigger than the crotch side and it has a different slope...

or if u have a pair of pants that fit u nicely..use them as a pattern...or a guide...make sure to always leave room for seam allowance..

8. Rar1013

Rar1013 GroovaMama

I like to wear really wide leg pants that completly cover my shoes..same w/ all my other creations...like my skirts always cover my feet :)

9. Loki84

Loki84 Member

You've done it again! You've taken some pretty normal fabric, and turned it into a wonderful item of clothing!

10. peacelovebarefeet

peacelovebarefeet BuRniN oNe...

wow those are beautiful.. i wish i could sew.... lol

11. Rar1013

Rar1013 GroovaMama

awww..thank you so much...

i have soooo many millions of ideas in my head to make jewelery, clothes, furniture, home decor, pottery, glass, beads, and sooooo much more..i just don't know if i will ever have enough time to do all of these things...the creative energy burns w/ a firey passion inside of me..hehe i know that sounds silly..but creating things just makes me genuinely happy...i wish i could do it all day everyday..but unfortunetly i must attend work :(

12. t-dub

t-dub Pass me the pepper

those are really phat!! cute belly too! :D

13. jamaica

jamaica Member

is it not possible to make it your work?

14. Faerie

Faerie Peachy

There beautiful... great job

15. Cre

Cre Senior Member

I like the colors you chose..good job mama! :)

16. Applespark

Applespark Ingredients:*Sugar*

nice job I like the wasteline too

17. TheLizardQueen

TheLizardQueen horny for knowledge

Those are awesome! I wish I could make patchwork clothes, but i'm to inexperienced:(

18. Applespark

Applespark Ingredients:*Sugar*

its really easy actualy

19. Dakota's Mom

Dakota's Mom Senior Member

Those pants are just too cool. I've often wondered about mixing cottons and corduroy. I've been afraid to try it. Do you line the cotton to make it heavier or does it just balance out? I've made all over patchies for Dakota and I've made side panels for both of us. I have yet to tackle something as big as all over patchies for me. Believe me, they would be pretty big.

Kathi

20. peacelovebarefeet

peacelovebarefeet BuRniN oNe...

dakota's mom- im sure they would look beautiful on you!