passion in friendship

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by neponiatka, Apr 10, 2007.

1. neponiatka

neponiatka Senior Member

have ya ever had the felling of being phisically attracted to your friend?

i mean when ya dont want to be in a relationship with him/her, you only want to be friends

but still have some kinda passion??

2. sexbanshee

sexbanshee Member

Yes a few times

Its very difficult especially when they are
    your partner's friends....

*groan*

3. Musikero

Musikero Supporters HipForums Supporter

I have a lot of female friends, and some of them are really attractive, so yeah it happens to me.

4. superfrank

superfrank Member

I think this happens to everyone once in a while. It's up to you how to approach it.

5. neponiatka

neponiatka Senior Member

i try to ignore attraction but my friend does not...

6. superfrank

superfrank Member

I've made the mistake of thinking there was something there before many times in the past. Passion has wrecked a few friendships for me. So maybe keep your friend at a distance.

7. hummblebee

hummblebee hipstertist.

This can be a very difficult and dangerous situation! If you don't feel anything beyond regular friendship for the person, it probably is best to keep the person at more of a distance (especially if his feelings aren't the same as yours).

I have experienced a few special friendships where we could cross that line - but while I don't think they qualify as a normal romantic 'relationship' (there was no possession, no planning ahead, etc.) they also don't really qualify as a normal 'friendship' either. They were something else, something special, where we could mutually appreciate each other on all our levels. More of a 'grokking' really (it's the only, or most accurate, way I could think to describe it).

The people I was able to experience this with were 2 women, and one man. I'm still in friendly communication with all of them, but one of the women in particular is still especially close to me - we talk on the phone often, email between that, and though we would no longer make love (even if there weren't 2000 miles between us) our relationship still crosses over to a more physical level than is usual between women. :)

8. neponiatka

neponiatka Senior Member

well.......i know it can damage our friendship
    and i really dont want anything more than friendship
    but our friendship has alw been "peculiar" because of the feelings he has towards me
    and though i tried to keep him at distance i failed a week ago
    what i mean "friendly"...he takes it as "romantic"
    and now i dont know how to improve the situation

9. Freekowtski

Freekowtski Member

I've been on that situation, too, and I failed many times trying to win the heart of theirs. But now on, I'm proud of myself to control my emotions and giving more importance to the friendship than love itself, so I live happier and more peaceful. A rupture of friendship hurts me a lot... Maybe that's why I never cross the line.

neponiatka, I just recomend to be yourself, and more importantly be sincere and truthful to him, that can be so difficult, I know, but I think sincerity is crucial in all friendships.

10. neponiatka

neponiatka Senior Member

i'm alw sincere in friendship....it's he who hides his feelings and then suddenly shows them freaking me out...

moreover i've noticed that my frankness (about my ineer feelings for example) hurts him and so i have to keep them in...