party tonight

Discussion in 'Gay Polls' started by thepapasmurph, Dec 2, 2022.

1. thepapasmurph

thepapasmurph Super Moderator Super Moderator

I've been invited to a party tonight that is being held at a local Queer nightclub. The host is organizing it with the owners of the club - I know these people and I know they are quite queer, in the new sense of that word.
    I am an older man - who does not want to admit that my age is taking over -
    There is much I have not experienced that other gay men my age have long since gotten over the thrill of doing. So, I accepted the invitation to this party but I am finding myself feeling a bit unsettled by it.

The party is billed as a "Gear Party" and indicates underwear / briefs / gear with a clothing check at the door -
    There is a DJ coming in to play tunes.

I am clueless.
    Well, not completely clueless.
    I am intimidated and intrigued.
    I have nothing leather, no underwear I want to be seen in out in public.
    Well, I so have a pair of holiday "nutcracker" underwear...

I don't think I have the body to flaunt partially undressed on a dance floor in public.
    I read a little bit about what to wear to a gear party. No Way!

I'm thinking I might wear those undies and a pair of jeans, and I do have a leather bomber jacket but that's too warm to wear indoors. Maybe I will get the nerve to remove my pants later... but Idon't want to be an embarrassment to myself wearing my traditional boxers or a clown to reveal those "Nutcracker" underpants.

2. thepapasmurph

thepapasmurph Super Moderator Super Moderator

Well - now I know what a "gear party' is - at least, in the context of this city in upstate NY. Had a good time. The venue was great - the DJ from Rochester was fantastic.

I didn't remove my jeans or my shirt - to reveal my nutcracker underpants - but after last night I feel more confident for the next time.
    I was definitely one of the oldest guys there - I enjoyed dancing and mingling with all the folks. It was interesting. Lots of chest straps, cute jock straps, and some people wore pup masks. a few wore latex and leather outfits.

I'm glad I went.

Piobaire and Jcinalco like this.