Paris

Discussion in 'France' started by mellimel19, Jan 14, 2005.

1. mellimel19

mellimel19 Member

Hello,
    I will be in Paris for a few days at the end of March, and am looking for some suggestions on any good clubs and after hours clubs (that play techno, electronica, house, etc), as well as suggestions for some restaurants that are yummy but not TOO expensive.

As far as clubs, I've heard of this club that's on a boat, called La Batofar. Does anyone know if this club is any good, and about how much it costs to get in? Will it be open in March?
    I also heard about the Rex Club, and am looking for people's opinions of that club.

Any help or suggestions you have is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!
    Melissa :)

2. lawoman

lawoman Member

You have so much to see in Paris that I think you will have no time for clubs.
    Maybe Im wrong, but dont miss anything there. Paris is so beautiful. I fall in love with Paris first day i spent it there. Have a fun! :)

3. moonydancer

moonydancer Member

I replied to you in French forum, and I wanted to add that as lawoman said, you'll have so much to see and do you'll be wayyyyy to tired for clubs.;)

For how long will you be staying?

4. mellimel19

mellimel19 Member

Thanks for the tips! :)
    However, when I travel, I try to experience ALL aspects of the culture, and that includes the club and party scene. I will only be in Paris for about 3 days (Most of my trip will be spent in Amsterdam for a music festival).
    I want to try and see as much of the scenic touristy stuff during the day as I can, and then find some nice restaurants and clubs for the evening.

Any more suggestions or tips?
    Thanks!
    Melissa :)

5. moonydancer

moonydancer Member

ok, then there's 3 big places to go round. First off Montmartre. You can just walk as yo please it's really nice, and well, it's the Paris you see in most movies!:p
    Then Les halles for shopping:eek:and there's the Georges Pompidou center just beside.
    And then the classics!:p Champs elyses, eiffel tower, louvre....

3 days isn't much for a big city like paris, so go straight to the essentials:p

6. lawoman

lawoman Member

Montmartre is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen! Its the place you imagin when you say "France" (probably because of the movies:) ). I liked the park near Eiffel tower and also palace called Schello or something like that (I dont know to spell it)...Don't miss Louvre & Orsey (nohow!)....

And I would also sugst you to go to see Morrison's grave!

3 days is really a short time, hope you will spend on the right way;)