Parents support to masturbate

Discussion in 'Masturbation' started by eagleday, Jan 14, 2008.

1. eagleday

eagleday Member

I've heard stories about families who regard nudity and masturbation is fine and natural, in which some parents even encourage their kids to masturbate, since it's normal and healthy. I'm not so lucky to have such family though...

So I wanna ask couples here who have kids, whether you are OK or even encourage them to masturbate, in privacy or anywhere and anytime at home (even at your presence), or you guys n girls who have such great parents. Or the whole family may share their experience.

2. MasterB

MasterB Member

My parents.... NEVER! Masturbation was filthy, dirty, sinful, and made me nervous!

3. potsmokingnome

potsmokingnome Member

My family use to make fun of my masterbation, well they did at one point. We were all driving home late at night from a family trip. And my step sister asked me to hold onto her Mcdonalds hamburger while she did up her seat belt, and said "just don't spew on it" I was naive and said "I'm not going to puke on it" and then they expalianed to me the meant masterbate on it, and my Dad said "yeah you got a lot of experience with that don't ya!"..Everyone else in the car started laugin at me. I didn't say another word for the rest of the trip home, i was sooo embarrassed. After that I thought masterbation was bad for quite a few years, but I still did it, just felt dirty and ashamed afterwards. Not now though, I ain't ashamed of masterbation, I love it! lol

alwaysready1970 likes this.
  4. nathanreeves1

nathanreeves1 Member

Well my step son who is 12 i no he jacks off i no he does i dont say to him go and wank in ur room i dont say dont do it i do yes support him i just till him its ok to do it its only natualy as his mother is a lil older he would rather spak to me about things like that

5. Lizzie~Bee

Lizzie~Bee Member

My mom always tells me she would rather me buy a dildo rather than have sex with people. Pretty interesting conversation on my way to my grandma's house, I MUST say. My mom also wants me to be a lesbian and a tattoo artist. I always tell her she's living vicariously through me. :) Haha. But I guess I'm supported, even though I don't.

Deejay06 likes this.
  6. Allonym

Allonym cheesecake slut

when i was younger i was taught that playing with yourself is totally normal and healthy, but its only something you do in private, ie only in your bedroom. i think thats a very healthy way for parents to approach it (particularly since i was taught hta tbasically when i starte dputtin gmy hand down my pants because i just wanted to see what my body was like, relaly. in my room is a-ok, but not with other people around)

Josephinelcajon likes this.
  7. PineMan

PineMan Senior Member

My mother was a paediatric nurse, so was probably more aware of the needs of pubescent boys than most.

At about the age of 10 I started having wet dreams which, at the time, I had no idea about what they were. I just thought I had reverted back to my infancy & started wetting the bed again.

At about this time my mother started placing linen hand towels on my bedside cabinet - something I didn't appreciate the reason for until a few months later, when I discovered the joys of masturbation from a friend at school, thus bringing the wet dreams under control (although I didn't learn about what they were until I was about 15, which was when they introduced Sex Education back then - by which time, it was a bit late).

I always found it most reassuring that my mother recognised the stains on the sheets for what they were & knew that I would be starting to masturbate soon afterwards, and that by providing the towels for cleaning up afterwards she made it known that there was nothing wrong with it.

I know I am unlikely to ever have kids of my own, but if I do, or if I become the stepfather of any, then I hope I will have the confidence to be forthright & open enough to discuss the matter of masturbation with htem & to assure them that it is a perfectly normal & healthy activity which should be encouraged rather than treated as something dirty & sinful.

8. MasterB

MasterB Member

Can you speak English?

Txguy1985 likes this.
  9. nathanreeves1

nathanreeves1 Member

Well my step son who is 12 i no he jacks off i no he does it i dont say to him go and wank in ur room i dont say dont do it .i do yes support him i just tell him its ok to do its only natualy as his mother is a lil older he would rather spak to me about things like that

this is english

10. LonelyGirl85

LonelyGirl85 Member

NOOOO WAY!!! I dont care if its natural or whatever....Thats the most embarrassing thing in the world to get caught by your parents. I did it with all my friends when I was a kid but to get caught by an adult was a different story! But its so weird....my mom knows I have toys because I lost my mind and showed her a few times. But if I were to get caught in the act it would be horrible!

11. Cutted

Cutted Cutted

As a sex therapist, I try to encourage young persons to masturbate rather than have unskllled sex which can result in pregnancy. From the mid-teenage years or earlier, boys can ejaculate, and need a release of the builtup sperm every week at a maximum.
    Masturbation is a harmless, stress-releasing way to relieve the sperm buildup.

12. saturated

saturated Member

i REALLY wish my parents would talk to me about it, or i would get caught. my mom only asked me about it once, two years ago, if the doctor talked to me about masturbation, and i said no, b/c he didnt, even tho i did do it.

13. PineMan

PineMan Senior Member

You should try raising the subject yourself.

Obviously your mother is open to talk about it or she would not have put out feelers in the way you described.

14. nakedtreehugger

nakedtreehugger craaaaaazy

dude, i can't wait to have kids and raise them as normal sexual beings!!! sex and masturbation will always be common topics in my house, and having children will NOT change that. there is nothing wrong with using the human body for pleasure, and it should be encouraged. one of my purposes in this life is to be sexual, and to share that sexuality with others... that will include my children, and i will not hide anything from them.

Josephinelcajon, bill697cu and thefuk like this.
  15. Fastswitch

Fastswitch Visitor

my folks never said yea or nay, but the subject of sex was talked about very naturally and openly. I just somehow got the idea that it was ok, natural, and not a problem. I'm sure they must have heard me in the early years of my experiences, but nary a word was said. I've always been grateful that they were so open, and told them when I was older. Masturbation is good, and good for you! Repeat that 5 times every day if you've questions!

16. hairyballs

hairyballs Member

Wish I'd had you as my mother!

17. rhettboy13

rhettboy13 Members

my mummy lets me masterbate

18. rhettboy13

rhettboy13 Members

my mummy lets me masterbate an I don't have to hide

Josephinelcajon likes this.
  19. Monarch61

Monarch61 Members

Despite my parents being Christians, they never really tried to crackdown on me about masturbation. I always masturbated in private and silence but I was caught by my mom once. She seemed a bit disappointed but she didn't punish me or anything. Later she talked to me about masturbation and told me its was normal but asked for me to keep it in private. My dad never spoke about it, I guess he is too shy about that topic to tell his son about that stuff lol.

20. Cumbrewer

Cumbrewer Members

My folks weren't religous so they never spoke of it from that angle. In fact, they never spoke of it at all. I was the youngest of seven kids, four of whom were brothers so I learned through them at a pretty young age. What I didn't learn from them I learned on my own elsewhere.