Parents : How do you actually include nudity in daily life?

Discussion in 'Bare It! Nudism and Naturism' started by NakedInfluence, Sep 17, 2020.

1. NakedInfluence

NakedInfluence Member

My baby will be 8 weeks old on Sunday and my wife surprisingly suggested giving him naked time to help air out some nappy rash. From there we each started looking up naked time, the pros and cons and how and when to do it. Obviously until he's toilet trained it's fraught but I want to ask parents for advice. I want him to enjoy being naked as much as I do and for it to be a normal part of his life.

Dude111 likes this.
  2. Granite69

Granite69 Lifetime Member Lifetime Supporter

I think this is a great idea. My wife and I deeply conflicted about nudity in the household during the same stage in which you now find yourself. I lost and now we are dealing with the consequences of body shame introduced early in life.

bill697cu, Dude111 and NudistTed like this.
  3. NudistTed

NudistTed The Naked Man

My best friend is a nudist and has raised his daughter with home nudity. His mother, who lives with them, is also a nudist. When I stop by to visit, I often see him and his family naked. It's how the like dressing at home. I have never seen any inappropriate behavior. His daughter, who is now a teenager, loves clothes and will dress up in the latest styles when going out with her friends. At home, she prefers going nude. They do wear clothing when they have "textile" company. When I visit them, I often am also naked. My point is, every nudist and nudist family set their comfort level regarding nudity and who they share their nudity with. There is no set rule.

4. nudony

nudony Member

Don't overthink it.

Kids often have a natural proclivity for nudity; so it can as simple as letting him hang out nude after bathing. That's the most common initial approach: post-washing nudity.
    From there, it really depends on how "structured" you want it to be. My first wife had the great idea of having "nude dinners." Basically we would wash up, and then stay naked to have dinner. It wasn't every night; we started out by doing it once in a while and gradually increased.
    "Nude dinners" were a success; so we eventually decided to extend into the evening by doing activities after eating. My daughter was about 2 at that point; and it was the "Wii era" so we'd play tennis or bowling into the evening.
    Eventually that became so common that we realized there wasn't much reason left to wear clothes at home at all; especially since our daughter enjoyed "naked family time" so much. So we simply "transitioned" to just getting naked after coming home. It quickly became our normal routine.

So there's not really a "wrong" way; it's really about trying different ideas until you find what works best for the entire family.

bill697cu and NudistTed like this.
  5. CyclingNaturally

CyclingNaturally Members

As others have said, it's super natural for kids, and they often reach a point where they get really confused about why we DO wear clothes. And after baths is a perfect time to start with it.

My daughter started it for us when she was 11, basically by air drying on her bed after a shower, taking a long time to get dressed after waking up, trying on clothes in the living room when a package came, etc, then eventually I told her how I did the same things when I was her age but I didn't let my parents see me and I am happy she wasn't being raised to be so secretive and she should feel comfortable and safe doing whatever she wants.

Fast forward to a few years later, and we are all naked whenever for whatever reason. There is no set time or scenario. Just naked whenever. We don't necessarily take clothes off when we get home, but if we aren't going anywhere for the day, we may never get dressed. Or if we take a shower mid-day for some reason, we may never get dressed afterwards. There have been times when we haven't worn a stitch of clothing for an entire day, but that is pretty rare. My daughter does find more "excuses" to be naked than the rest of us, though.

We do often get dressed when others visit, though, but it depends. My wife's mother has seen us all naked and seems to want to participate but hasn't done it yet. We do get dressed when my wife's sister comes over because she saw me naked once and freaked out for six months about it. One time my friend was over and my daughter took a shower and just stayed in her towel, although eventually when sitting on the couch it came undone and she didn't even flinch. We haven't had anyone join us yet, sadly. I do have a friend who was going to hang out and watch a movie with us nude with her trans daughter, but the virus hit before we could arrange it. I am not sure they would have joined us anyway, to be honest. We don't have many people visit anyway because all our friends are academics who have spread out all over the country, so nude when visitors are around actually hasn't come up much in half a decade.

My son does similar things as my daughter, but he is much less outgoing about it.

My wife is confusing. Some days she will be naked for an hour or two in front of everyone, then the next day she gets upset if they see her in a bra. One time her friend and husband were over and my wife was braless under a thin tank top, but then another day as her same friend arrived without the husband, she freaked out and put a bra on before answering the door.

So, ya, no rules, no set scenarios or times, just purely organic, I guess?

6. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

so... the OP (I know... I'm a little late here) is asking how parents integrate nudity into the lives of their children... That's my interpretation.

I can't think of anything more inappropriate than introducing nudity or of a greater violation of child-privacy than that! :)

There's my take. :sunglasses:

I'm not opposed to the nude beach, but I think that it's a really personal decision to leave clothes behind, perhaps in search of some inner peace with the world, or to share in some communal spirit. I think that's beyond pediatric comprehension.

7. NakedInfluence

NakedInfluence Member

I get that. I guess I'm starting from a nudist perspective which prejudges that social and familial nudity has significant benefits particularly around body image. Of course non-nudists are perfectly able to raise children with healthy body image too but nudity is something I love and want my children to enjoy as much as I do. I wish my parents had been accepting of nudity so there's that angle too. I started dabbling in nudism when I was 14 so there's almost a decade I could have enjoyed being naked in complete innocence. At 14 I was already running the risk of being seen as a pervert or possibly a predator which is definitely the case now (I'm 36)

8. teast394

teast394 Members

We just do, it's only some bits. We have 3 boys and they aren't ashamed of what's down there.

Very Secret likes this.
  9. Very Secret

Very Secret Members

Noone should be! That's the beauty of nudism.

10. teast394

teast394 Members

Nothing better for a boy especially in nappies than naked time, those bits need to be free.

joker69 likes this.
  11. GamerGirl99

GamerGirl99 Banned

Free as the wind blows!

bill697cu and joker69 like this.
  12. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Its good they arent afraid to be nude..... Being nude is beautiful!

I would love being nude @ home but my parents (Mother especially) would have a fit seeing me nude....

NudistTed and joker69 like this.
  13. Barry Mandelay

Barry Mandelay Banned

We didn't raise our children to be nude in the home. We made it a choice for them to consider. I was and still am nude as much as possible in the home and whenever I won't be met with resistance over my unclothed body elsewhere. I am a beautiful human being with no shame but yet have respect for others. My children experienced my nudity in the home and since have grown. They choose to live as they do. Being raised in a nude family setting versus not has no effect on a childs stability in society. There are plenty of other poor examples for children to follow. If parents wish to show an example of family nudity then by all means do so. Do it in a non threatening and encouraging way. Then let the child decide what is best for themselves.

14. BalHarbourMexMom

BalHarbourMexMom Members

My daughters and I go to Haulover Beach and are active in a family nudist group consisting of neighbors and friends.