Papa's got a brand new chat

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by ROLLINGALONG, Jul 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Desos

Desos Senior Member

just got off work. people pay me by tipping me out. the tipout is supposed to be 2% of total sales, but for some reason some of the waitresses feel like they don't always have to tip me out the full amount. which is fucking insulting after i work hard for a shift and then someone judges that i didn't help them enough so they will tip me less than 2%.

it's company policy that the managers can't get involved unless there is a consistent problem like someone not tipping out at all.

tired of having to argue with ppl about tipout every day. especially these bitchy little waitresses.

2. wyldwynd

wyldwynd ~*~ Super Moderator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxQUH7EVqH4&sns=em"]Coven - One Tin Soldier (MGM version) - YouTube

3. wyldwynd

wyldwynd ~*~ Super Moderator

faellixx we love you too :grouphug:

4. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

I'm going to play the devil's advocate here...:)

Years ago, I worked as a waitress/server in an upscale restaurant. We had to tip off: the cook, the bartender, AND the damn hostess. Perhaps even the bus-boys.

ALL of their asses were making WELL OVER MINIMUM WAGE...us waitresses were making a little over $2 an hour.

WE DID ALL THE WORK at the table, waiting on the whining, cannotbepleased public. Aside from taking orders that usually involved substitutions, extra this and minus that, we had the "opportunity" to jump to and fro for more drinks, another straw, to clean up when the drunkards inevitably spilled drinks and food, and any other little thing the customer could possibly think to demand. The only thing I know that I didn't have to do was follow them into the bathroom and wipe their ass.

They couldn't keep good waitresses because we got sick and damn tired of having to tip off everybody that just got to stand in their positions making their good wage and take their cut out of money we had worked hard for.

One night several of us HAD it and quit...we decided that the tipped-off kings and queens could get out there and do it ALL. :D

5. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

Most Certainly! :sunny:

6. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

yes....:love:

are you drinking?

do you have 14 hundred dollars fora cab?

i coud chip in 20:)

7. Mother's Love

Mother's Love Generalist

i sang that in high school. good song. im an alto, but i can sing tenor on a good day. i used to have almost no break, but the navy broke my break, now theres a huge gap. pain in the ass. im trying to fix it

8. ☉rtus ♉

☉rtus ♉ Waffle

had a story to tell, to long, been a long day...

I think I have a job now... not at michelin yet, couldn't get that till late august

Its in construction, building pool and spas, I worked here about 2 years ago just as a full time summer job when i was still in high school, it was decent.. a lot of hard work, you don't realize how much goes into building a pool until you actually build one start to finish, ton of hard labour..

wont be making as much as i would at michelin, but 12/hr.. not to bad.. and its full time mon-friday, 8-9 hour days.. so i will still be getting some nice cheques..

I don't really want the job, but meh.. jobs a job, and its a hell of a lot better working in fast food, its something respectable... only reason i always hated working in fast food was because it made me feel belittled, its embaressing when people ask where you work and you say mcdonalds... sometimes i'd lie and say i didnt even have a job lol, lot more proud to work here at least..

9. ☉rtus ♉

☉rtus ♉ Waffle

some hard work will be good for me.. i admit i have really bad work ethics, i'm really lazy when it comes to work... I'd call in sick at least 2 times a week at mcdonalds lol... but i can't do that here, i can't even call in sick once, ever, unless im on my death bed...

Maybe a few months of hard work will straighten me out a bit, help me think of what i want to do with the rest of my life, because if i'm ever going to go back to school i wanna do it before i'm 20 i hope.. because even at 20 i wont grad until im 25-26 im sure...

10. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

where is here?

11. ☉rtus ♉

☉rtus ♉ Waffle

hm? In construction, building pools and spas I said :confused: lol

12. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

I only read this one, and couldnt be arsed to scroll pages back to see what it was ;)

13. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

Ortus, if you were to begin school at age 20, I see no reason why you wouldn't be through by the time you are 24...especially if your g/f helps you interpret/analyze the random poem or 2 you might be assigned. :D

I MISS you having those assignments! :( :mickey:

Unless, of course, you plan on getting a master's degree...that's the only way it would take you that long!

14. ☉rtus ♉

☉rtus ♉ Waffle

well most programs are a 4 year program, so i would finish by the time i'm 24... except, thats only if you go full time i assume..

I of course cant go full time, because i don't have rich parents like my gf and all my other friends :p so i'd have to pay for all my schooling myself.. so i'd have to work too, therefore i cant go to school full time, so it'll take me a few extra years...

Plus i'm not going to wanna live at home for the next 4 years, so i'll defenitly need to work to afford to move out

15. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

Does Canada have grants and such to help out with school...for those that don't have the rich parents?

Since the US has different kinds of programs, grants etc to help with school (as long as you don't have a DRUG conviction - boohiss!), surely Canada does. All in all, Canada is much more progressive than down here.

16. ☉rtus ♉

☉rtus ♉ Waffle

i'm sure we do but i dont really know what a grant is :p is that like a student loan? I don't want a student loan... I'd rather just not go to school if thats the only option, I don't want to be in debt the rest of my youth lol..

I know the first few years of my girlfriends schooling is all paid for by scholarships... she got a tonnnn... plus her parents created some huge fund for her, so whatever scolarships dont pay for its covered anyways...

I was... kind of stupid back in highschool, never really went much.. so, of course, I never wont a single scholar ship... I think I was the only one out of all my friends to not win a scholarship to some school or program :p or any award for that matter... grad was very boring for me lol

17. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

Oh, I agree 1000% about those student loans! Lord NO, don't get hooked into that unless you are practically obsessed about a subject and have a guarantee of a job.

A grant is given to you - no paying back - specifically for schooling.

Down here you have the Pell Grant and the GI Bill (for those that have been in the military) for just 2 I can think of off the top of my head. I'm sure there are more. According to what school you go to, almost all of them have programs that basically give you money for tuition and sometimes books too, if you qualify. Sometimes you are able to get a job on campus or through the campus to pay for the schooling.

It's something well worth looking into. Google it! (or whatever you do...that's how I "research" stuff. lol)

18. ☉rtus ♉

☉rtus ♉ Waffle

Qualifying is the word that stands out here... Perhaps you have to take tests some of these grants? That way some of those genius minds dont go to waste due to lack of money... I don't think i'd be qualifying for any grants though, i barely graduated :p

I've never heard of anyone i know getting a grant... but maybe... Don't worry, Egg will come on and clarify all this for me :D do we get grants here egg? If so, how? I'd be interested in learning about that..

I know if you join the military they help you with your schooling here too, but its such a long process getting in... I already did it once then backed out very last second, now going through that again.. way to much paperwork and drug testing lol

19. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

Ok Ortus, now I'm ready to hear about whatever you did last night or yesterday...you said you had a story to tell! :2thumbsup:

20. ☉rtus ♉

☉rtus ♉ Waffle

Ah, I began to type it up... but some things just can't be explained and are better left unsaid :D the post could go on and on forever, i'm no good at summarizing...

Lets just say.. it involved old original hippies from the 60's, go go dancers, singing on stage, and a lot of alcohol...

I must have had a shot of every single liquor known to man kind, straight up alcohol no chasers... these old hippies kept saying how our generation just drinks to get fucked up, and you need to appreciate and savour the liquor... they made me have shots of patron, fireballs, straight whiskey, vodka, and like 10 other bottles i cant even remeber... it was weird... i only remember the first dozen... :D

I don't know how i landed myself in such a situation... but it was weird...

all in all, i have a new appreciation for old people, they are pretty damn cool... it goes to show people never change, you see an old person and just think... hey... they're a typical old person, but they're really the same person they were 40, 50 years ago... just a lot more wiser with life experience..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.