pansexual

Discussion in 'Bisexual' started by MikeE, Jan 19, 2006.

1. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

From the local student newspaper:

".. (student) senators passed a resolution in December stating that the policy discriminates against lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer, questioning and pansexual people by banning them from openly joinin the armed forces."

OK, what is the difference between "pansexual" and "bisexual"?

2. amp7325

amp7325 Visitor

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pansexual

From what I've read, it basically means that the person has the ability to love someone romantically and/or sexually, no matter what their gender is.

3. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Thanks

4. SageDreamer

SageDreamer Senior Member

"Pansexual" almost sounds like anything goes.

"Bisexual" just means both men and women.

5. SelfControl

SelfControl Boned.

So basically the same thing? Or does pansexuality involve eunuchs, animals, furniture, etc.? I've never met anyone who claimed to be pansexual who wasn't at least a bit of a poser.

6. CrucifiedDreams

CrucifiedDreams Members

Can someone explain to me the difference between a bisexual person and a pansexual person?

I looked up the definitions but it seems to be the same thing to me.

7. Samhain

Samhain Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Pansexuality (sometimes referred to as omnisexuality) is a sexual orientation characterized by a potential aesthetic attraction, romantic love and/or sexual desire for anybody, including people who do not fit into the gender binary of male/female implied by bisexual attraction. Pansexuality is sometimes described as the capacity to love a person romantically irrespective of gender. Some pansexuals also assert that gender and sex are meaningless to them.

Pansexuals may be attracted to various different forms of romance, and may be aroused by various different acts of sex on a carnal level. It has been stated that pansexuality refers not to a metaphysical order of attraction to other human beings, but rather a more carnal attraction to sexual acts irrespective of gender. Some suggest that pansexuality is more accurately described by its adepts: human- or person-oriented. Despite a pansexual's fluid sexuality, some may have a preference. A pansexual may be attracted to all genders and sexes, but have a preference, (for example) for transsexual men, other pansexuals, masculine lesbians, intersexed people, etc.

Pansexual Sex

Many people who identify as pansexual may associate with people of all sexual orientations, but are not necessarily interested in sex with people of all sexes or genders. They may be comfortable with public displays of affection (PDAs) or semi-public sexual activity which is not confined to their own sexual orientation.
    Pansexuals usually consider any sexual act acceptable as long as it is consensual. For some pansexuals, biological sex is a secondary factor, something that will be discovered if and when sexual interaction takes place.

8. CrucifiedDreams

CrucifiedDreams Members

Thanks Sam. :)

9. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

10. Samhain

wow as in "i've just learnt something new?"
    S

11. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

I just pm'd you. Its very weird how close that SEEMS to fit to me but I still feel im missing SOMETHING.

12. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

So ... I kinda get the feeling that all or MOST pansexuals are bi but not all bisexuals are pansexuals? correct?

and on the first... is it all or most? (or am i totally off?)

13. Samhain

I think its a different sexual attraction than straight gay or bi
    S

14. Bishie lover

Bishie lover Member

Yep, that's pretty much me! XD

15. AreYouExperienced

AreYouExperienced American Victim

[size=-1]"[/size][size=-1]Pit-Pat! A magical, pansexual, non-threatening spokesthing!" - Mr. Show

[​IMG]
    [/size]

16. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

I know its different but in some (not all) ways it hang a bell at me. but im failing to understand EXACTLY how its different then bi.

Bi is attracted to both... pan.- doenst care about gender?

Um, I dont care about gender.. dont see it. Does that make me pan, bi or both?

17. Samhain

you know I was thinking about this and i suppose out of all of them being bi is the closest related to this and thats why its in this forum.
    Pans I believe get turned on by a person first, the charater the essense and everything else including that persons sex and what they look like comes second.
    it sounds evolued to me, maybe what we'll all be like in the future, no judgements just seeing the person as they really are inside.
    so in other words if you have a small dick or a big nose or no tits but are lovable, then a pan would likly be attracted to you, because its not about appearence
    S

18. Samhain

and i'm not saying any of those things are bad or wrong or shameful for one moment just trying to give an example how sometimes we judge people harshly
    S

19. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

I was gonna say, cause my nose is slightly um..pronounced. heh.

And we all have our flaws, too large, too skinny, too this, too that... its about not really seeing those things first but personality and the inner being of the person above and beyond those things.

20. Samhain

and by the same token if someone had a perfect nose, it wouuld be about seeing beyound that as well, is this starting to make a bit more sense?
    S