Paleo Diet

Discussion in 'Let Food Be Your Medicine' started by Wuji, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Wuji

Wuji Member

I would really like to try a paleo diet. Can anyone suggest any good recipes for meals, specifically low budget?

2. thechokecherry

thechokecherry Member

I eat paleo. I also dumpster from grocery stores and farmer's markets. A couple of bruises don't hurt me. Basically I make lots of stir frys, raw salads, roasted meats, eggs, and seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, etc). Just change the foundation of your diet from flour to veggies. Also food stamps helps.

3. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

try paleofood.com

more paleo recipes than you can shake a sharp pointy stick at :)

4. MayQueen~420~

MayQueen~420~ ♫♪♫♪

The only thing about the paleo diet I don't like is no sweets :(

5. TurquoiseRose

TurquoiseRose Member

Sweets are evillllll....

You can still eat fruits on paleo. Sweet like nature intended.

Dude, TIPS ON PALEO DUMPSTERING??? PLLLLEEEAAZZZ?? Seems that would be complicated. The only places I can dumpster so far are friggin bread places. Bread is evil too...WAH.

6. wa bluska wica

wa bluska wica Pedestrian

i just eat stuff i see depicted in ancient rock art

7. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

dear thechokecherry. i get a fishing liscence every year. and then eat my fill all summerlong; stock up the freezer for winter. it doesnt get any better than that. hanging out in the canoe, sketchbook and fishing pole.

8. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I don't adhere to any diet with a name, but the paleo diet comes closest to how I eat. Carbs are out, and fat and protein are in.

9. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Trendy diets will end, but lifestyle changes will last forever!

My advice. Read about the Paleo diet, read about other fad diets, read about human functioning, educate yourself about optimal nutrition, explore your options.

Then...find something that is doable to you, forever. And keep doing it! No need for fancy labels, no need to focus on weight loss. If you're doing it right, and you are overweight, the pounds will disappear on their own. You will reach a stable, healthy weight.

Don't worry. But remember that diets don't work. No matter how seductive they appear.

10. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I don't consider the paleo diet to be a fad diet, much less a "diet." Most paleos don't do it to as a temporary fix -- it's a lifestyle. I don't see what is particularly faddish about eliminating sugar and grains from one's diet, while eating plenty of saturated fats, proteins and vegetables. That is pretty much how I eat, and it's worked -- call it paleo or whatever.

The paleo and paleo-like diets do work, and have had long-term results for many people.

11. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Although it might be the "best" fad diet, I still think it is a currently popular diet. People use it to lose weight. I know quite a few people who use it for this at the moment. I've been hearing more about it lately. I'm glad it worked for you! Every diet "works" for somebody, or the companies who write books and articles about it wouldn't be able to promote and advertise.

I know people who swear by counting calories, low fat diets, juice cleansing, raw food, gluten free, etc. Right now, the research is backing one way of eating, but eventually the research will begin to show new trends, just as it always does, and the new "perfect" diet will become popular.

Also, when I read this thread, I read it like Paleo "diet", as in "weight loss method." I suppose you are reading it as in Paleo diet, "pattern of food consumption." As in "Vegetarian diet."