Painters Jeans?

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by Fooja, Jan 14, 2005.

1. Fooja

Fooja Member

Hey, does anyone have any tips for me when I want to get paint on a pair of jeans and make sort of painters jeans with permanent paint stains on them?

Any sort of paint that would work best or just anything related would be very helpful, thanks a lot!

(Im currently on a mission to have painters pants and patched pants from all different pants... that last one isnt too hard... but help on that would be nice too)

2. MoonjavaSeed

MoonjavaSeed Yeah, Toast!

usually plain old acrylic paint does the trick! :)

3. Sunburst

Sunburst Fairy

Just buy some cheap acrylic paints (at Walmart or dollar stores it's a buck or two for a 50mL bottle), and splatter-paint or pretend to spill some paint on different spots:)

4. MoonjavaSeed

MoonjavaSeed Yeah, Toast!

haha once i took a roller and did the entire front of the pants.

5. Fooja

Fooja Member

Do you have to be a certain age to buy paint? (is only 14)

6. Major Peacenik

Major Peacenik Member

not to buy acryllic. 14 is fine :) spray paint might be a problem tho...

7. ReyaSunshine

ReyaSunshine Member

Yeah you have to be 18 to buy spray paint...they ID'ed me last time because they thought I would be using it fo "purposes other than those specified on the can," even though my pants and shirt clearly indicated that it would be going somewhere other than up my nose...but they let me buy acrilics all the time.

8. peaceband_chick

peaceband_chick Member

Yeah. acrylic will work. i spilled some on my jeans, and like 20 washings later it is still on there looking like it did when i first spilled.

9. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

Just wear them when you paint a room and be very careful not to get any on you.........it works every time. ;)

And yes, acrylics are permanent. You can also get a textile meduim to mix in with it to make it softer for fabric painting. It comes in the same little bottles as the paint.

10. carnelian

carnelian Member

try oilpaint. my paintingclothes are full of stains that won't go away and the color stays bright.

11. JohnnyATL

JohnnyATL Banned

yeah acrylics permanant. when i took art class the teacher warned us not to get it on us.

12. easyskankin

easyskankin Member

my friend took some old jeans and painted the rasta colors and a pic of marley on them and they are amazing... just go to some thrift store and pick up a pair. Theyre fun to make. :):)

13. DiffKettleOfFish

DiffKettleOfFish Kickin' it

Oil paint's a little priceyto put on pants, imho anyways...

14. ImmortalDissident

ImmortalDissident Senior Member

You have to be 18 to buy spray paint? Not here.... that's just ridiculous. They might as well ban kids from buying absolutely everything else because they are bound to find a high in anything they touch anyway.

15. FoxeyLady

FoxeyLady Member

i usually have natural paint pants from art class...i think its funny how everyone freaks out when they get paint on their clothes and Im cool with it

16. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

I think so... those acrylic paints can be dangerous.... better bring an adult with you so they can flash i.d. in case the store owner asks.