paint markers and your skin..

Discussion in 'Body Modification' started by peacelovebarefeet, Apr 18, 2005.

1. peacelovebarefeet

peacelovebarefeet BuRniN oNe...

is writing with paint markers on your skin toxic or dangerous?? i am constantly drawing on my hands, legs, arms, and feet with paint markers... i love paint markers, they are fun to work with.. but is it harmful? for st patty's day this year, i wanted green lips, but i was already at a party and i had left my green lipstick at home... :mad: .. so i had a green paint marker with me, and i put it on my lips.. towards the end of the night, it wasnt looking so sexy.. lol

can someone give me the lowdown?

2. Myranya

Myranya Slytherin Girl

I sometimes draw a small fake tattoo on my hand, I don't think it's that bad but I wouldn't use it on my lips (where you'd also ingest it). There are tattoo markers, in various colors, they shouldn't be too toxic... or try finding markers for kids? They're often labeled as 'non-toxic' since small kids are more likely to stick them in their mouth and stuff... problem with kids stuff is they're often made to wash off easier too, so it may not last long. Btw, the tattoo markers say they last for several days, but mine never did... one day, and only use when dry 'cause it washes off easily too. On a dry day it will last okay but not in the rain.

3. loveflower

loveflower Senior Member

myranya i dont like your penguin.. its way too revealing :D

does it say different stuff for different people :eek:

4. Myranya

Myranya Slytherin Girl

The sign gives everyone his or her own info, so don't worry. I don't even get to see what it says to others. :p It's not even always a penguin either.

5. UrsusKind

UrsusKind U like Chris Farley?

Ok so now I'm just refreshing the page to see all the things the penguin can be

6. Gr8fulyDeadicated

Gr8fulyDeadicated Member

tattoo markers that actually last are surgical markers - you could try getting them from med supply, the only color we've ever gotten was blue and they last for about a week - well, they do when my hubby draws on my sons...

my 10 yo son is so funny, i had a box of temporary tattoos and he put them all over so he could have "sleeves" like my hubby - lol!!!

7. hannahodges0426

hannahodges0426 Guest

anything with chemicals in it that cant go in your body should more than likely not be put on your skin because it can absord some of those bad chemicals.

8. 8Mia8

8Mia8 Members

I don't think that can do any good for your body and health in general, but if you're doing that from time to time I think it's OK.

9. noahnenholm

noahnenholm Newbie

The kind of ink, method of application, and aftercare all have an impact on how long tattoo markers stay. Your finest options for occasion-specific temporary tattoos are Bodymark by BIC and Skin Companion.

Toker likes this.