Pain Killer Newbee

Discussion in 'Pharmaceuticals' started by GiJoe911, Jun 24, 2006.

1. GiJoe911

GiJoe911 Member

I was hoping I could get some input from some of you folks.

I was medically retired from the US Army do to wounds received in Afghanistan, I have a 7.62 x 39 mm bullet lodged against the T-1 area of my spine which cuases server pain.

I receive 180 10mg Oxycontin :p , 120 5mg/500mg Vicodin / Hydrocodone Bitartrate & Acetaminophen tablets, 15 100mcg /hour Fentanyl (Duragesic) patches , 60 200mcg Fentanyl lollipops (Actiq oral transmucosal fentanyl citrate), 30 Zolpidem (Ambien) (for sleep) each month. To say the least I have a high amount of pain, my question is what tricks or things can I do to “enjoy” (i.e. crushing and snorting the Oxycintin) my medications better. I have been on these for 3 months now and have a refill for all of these meds in the military pharmacy I use for the next 9 months so I am not worried about addiction. Thanks for any input.
    <I also posted this question in the opiates area also>.

2. astroneurologist

astroneurologist Member

stick the lolipop up your butt and at the same time snor an oxy, really I have no idea how to better enjoy the medications, maybe with friends or perhaps you could add some marinol.
    interesting about those patches 100 mcg per hour, 72 hr duration, so does this mean they are loaded with 7.200 mg? Or is it even more than that because of the relative inefficiency of transdermal technology? With all those opiates you might want to pick yourself up some naltrexone or naloxone just in case..

3. sacrament32

sacrament32 Member

when i read all of those painkillers i creamed my pants

4. sacrament32

sacrament32 Member

any way dont snort the ones with with Acetaminophen in them but the 10 oxycotin hit harder but last way less longer if u snort em just take 4 or 5 of the hydrocodone and ull feel good same with vicoden thats just for ur first time idk bout the patches or lolipops

5. GiJoe911

GiJoe911 Member

The Patches are a transdermal system they rate at 100mcg absortion an hour (unless you heat them up with a hair dryer or heat pad then you get a rush) they last 36 hours but I add another patch on the 2nd day because they start to lose their kick by day 2.

But to answer your question this is the break down of the patch 100 mcg has 2.5mL concentration of fentanyl the chart that is included with the patches show a break down of equivalency to other meds for example 1 100 mcg/hour patch worn for 12 hours is equal to 202 mg of oxycodone taken 2 times ones every 6 hours for the same 12 hour period.

The problem with the patches is they have a 12 hour half life which makes your first 12 hours less effective then your 2nd 12 hours