Pahk thuh kah neeyuh thuh hahbuh

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Duncan, Jan 31, 2005.

1. Duncan

Duncan Senior Member

I loved the thread on accents. I sometimes wonder why it is that we find some amusing and others... well... not.

It's my contention that we have memories of who has spoken what with them. When the Kennedy family speaks one assumes that pearls of wisdom are formed from the lips. When Archie Bunker speaks, well, we hear the exact opposite.

There's also a certain amount of prejudice with regards to education. I had an Irish professor who spoke just like Prince Charles. He had to get pretty drunk or angry for a slip to come out ;)

2. Super_Grrl

Super_Grrl Crazy love

Accents are awesome, I wish I had one. Isn't it funny how some accents are associated with intelligence, and some are associated with a lack of intelligence? Weird...but accents are cool.

3. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

I think the way I talk leads people to think that I lack in intelligence. I dont really have an accent though, or so I think......

4. Duncan

Duncan Senior Member

I come from NYC and spent the first 25 years of life there. While I have a rich vocabulary, the ability to access dictionaries and a thesaurus and a clarity of expression, folks still find it amusing when I say the word komPYOOduh.

5. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

i might start writing my messages in my accent...that would be pretty funny.

6. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

i'm from SoCal. since the hollywood english is so prevalent across the earth, i don't have an accent.