Overcame foot shyness.

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by Killa1989, Dec 3, 2017.

?

Are you wearing socks or are you barefoot

1. Barefoot

20 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. Socks

4 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. Killa1989

Killa1989 Members

I use to be crazy foot shy I would swim in my socks or just not swim, I was about 16 I would get black out drunk and end up barefoot. It suicidal was embarrassment. But I live on and now I’m 21 and that teen that was foot shy is dead, I’m a barefooter now me regrets! And everyOne this forum helped alot

2. Naked_Toes

Naked_Toes Members

Yeah, if I could go back I would definitely not worry about showing or people seeing my bare feet. I would have gone barefoot at home, I would have gone barefoot at friend's or relative's houses... I would have worn sandals to school!

It might not seem like a big hurdle to get over, but I'm glad I did and now every chance I get I go barefoot.

3. Killa1989

Killa1989 Members

Wow that’s cool bro, how old were you when you c

4. Killa1989

Killa1989 Members

My bad I sent by accident but I was asking how old were you when you officially got over it when i turned 21 which was 1 week ago. I know what you mean all those times I went to water parks or just when we have to take off our shoes in class I would rather get dentention then to take them off I wish I had a second change I would of been a barefooter kid

5. Barefoot-boy

Barefoot-boy Member

I risked getting in trouble myself once as I forgot my tennis shoes for gym class, stayed in my hard sole shoes, somehow I got away with it. My foot shyness was pretty crazy too, I did all sorts of things not to expose my bare feet. I opted out of any water activity whatsoever, always wore shoes at home, refused invitations for any sleepovers, even covered my feet right after a bath/shower. I even was even shy about going sockless in low cut shoes exposing my bare ankles! Going over to a girl friends house as a teen was pretty tough, especially when she came to the door in her bare feet. Once she yanked off my high top tennies when I accidently forgot to wear any socks, I was sooo embarrassed for her to see my feet and toes! Always had to remove my shoes at her house, once her sister took off my socks and hid them as a funny prank.

I'm so glad I'm over it. It took quite a few years, I feel so much happier now. These posts remind me that there was nothing wrong with my mind, it's so refreshing to know that.

6. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i know this is kind of opposite to the point of the thread, but i just want to mention that they do make water shoes. i wouldn't wear them myself, but for anyone with a crippling foot shyness, it is a better option than just missing out on all the fun things you can do in the water.

Killa1989 likes this.
  7. Barefoot-boy

Barefoot-boy Member

My issues stem from back in the day before they came out with those silly things, I probably would have been laughed at wearing such things at a pool where no sharp rocks exist.

8. Naked_Toes

Naked_Toes Members

Honestly, older than you are. On the sly I was probably around 21 when I started wearing sandals at a friend's house, but I was around my mid 20s before I started showing my feet around family, especially my parents.

9. Killa1989

Killa1989 Members

It took so long for my mom to see my feet again lol even though she’s a barefooter I would always wear socks , I would change my socks in the bathroom

That’s crazy , I guess I’m lucky because it’s this forum is the probably the reason why I’m starting early, because I just remind myself their just like hands. But it’s hard for me since I use to be that super cool poplar always had cool shoes guy, i feel like girls who knew me back kinda giggle when they see me in sandals. Because they knew me as the guy who doesn’t take off his socks , like I said I’ve swimmed and done water activities but with socks.

When was the first experience going barefoot? How did it happen???

10. Killa1989

Killa1989 Members

I know i was too shy even wearing ankles or anybody noticing I have no socks with my shoes
    How were you foot shy and accidentally forgot to wear socks it’s because I would do it purposely before I got over my foot shyness. Wear shorts and shoes with no socks.
    How old were You her sister took off you’re socks?
    Yes it is all in the mind sucks I wasted so many years wearing shoes and socks

11. Killa1989

Killa1989 Members

I didn’t go barefoot more to protect my image and I was a kid I couldn’t just say I need water shoes. Till this day I believe being barefoot makes you look less manly but you know what I stop caring and go barefoot because it feels good and I overcame my foot shyness

12. Barefoot-boy

Barefoot-boy Member

I had a pair of hightop sneakers that covered my ankles, so sometimes I'd go sockless yet not noticeable. It was my 15th birthday when my girlfriends sister took my socks off. We were horsing around on the floor when I felt some hands go up my ankles..off they went. All three of us were now barefoot, as they were both teasing me about not being barefoot. Kind of sexy when I think about it now.

13. Killa1989

Killa1989 Members

lol I’ve done that I had those high top Air Force ones and I would go barefoot in them a lot.
    You’re lucky man I wish that happen to me it does sound sexy,
    I remember when I was 16 I remember I was doing it with my girlfriend , she was also foot shy but more open about it she was like isn’t it weird we’re butt naked but still have our socks I just said I like having socks on , on our 5th date she took a shower and was barefoot , after we finish she quickly pull off my sock, I start shaking of mad and embarrassement I quickly put them, she smiled and said she had finally seen my whole body.
    She knew me when I wouldn’t go swimming with the class o4 when I wore socks at the water park

14. Naked_Toes

Naked_Toes Members

It really isn't all that interesting of a story; I just started hiding an old pair of slide sandals in my back seat and one day I decided just to wear them over at a friend's house. I had always worn shoes and long pants at that point, and when he saw them on me he pretty much just said 'new sandals?' and I just said I had them for a while and never really worn them. The response was basically 'ah, gotcha.'

15. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

did having a barefooter mom have anything to do with your aversion to barefooting?

16. Killa1989

Killa1989 Members

No, but it made me jealous I wanted to go barefoot. It’s crazy because my whole family in Mexico all good barefoot and wear sandals a lot.

17. Killa1989

Killa1989 Members

Lol that’s cool my old friends probably would roast me for wearing flip flops. So I remember when I was 13 I would watch tv shows like two and half man etc etc , I would be like they couldn’t pay me a million or enough to go barefoot in tv , I was embarrassed for the males going barefoot on TV because what’s the biggest exposure, tv right.
    Now I’m 21 like damn I would pay a million to go barefoot on T.v l

18. Naked_Toes

Naked_Toes Members

That's kind of how I feel when people get their pictures taken and they're barefoot, especially if they're showing the soles of their feet

19. Killa1989

Killa1989 Members

I Take pictures like that now and post it on Facebook or Instagram I just don’t care anymore.

20. Naked_Toes

Naked_Toes Members

I definitely still have reservations about pictures being taken like that, but me having a foot fetish probably has a lot to do with it

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017