Outsourcing

Discussion in 'Political Books' started by Paul Primac, Sep 29, 2021.

1. Paul Primac

Paul Primac Members

Hello

I'm looking for a book (or books if the story needs to be pieced together from partisan stories) that describes how America decided it needed to start outsourcing IT work to outside the US. I started to wonder whose idea it was in the first place and if it was generally an idea started by the wealthiest companies to reduce IT costs?

Thanks,

2. baneenab85

baneenab85 Newbie

One book that could be of interest to you is "The New IT Outsourcing Landscape: From Innovation to Cloud Services" by Carmel and Lacity. While the book does not solely focus on the decision-making process behind outsourcing IT work outside of the US, it does provide a comprehensive overview of the history and evolution of IT outsourcing. The authors also discuss the factors that led to the rise of outsourcing, including globalization, technological advancements, and cost-cutting measures by companies.

3. petrderbikov

petrderbikov Newbie

It's a good book I liked it too. It reveals many details that were very interesting for me to read as an expert in the field. I learned a lot from it. Also, thank you https://integrio.net/project-outsourcing for helping me often with questions in this area. The main reason for using outsourcing is to reduce the costs associated with these functions within the company, as well as to increase operational efficiency and speed up processes.

4. Paul Primac

Paul Primac Members

Thank you!

5. Paul Primac

Paul Primac Members

Interesting, thanks.