Outlandish stories, anyone?

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Gypsy_girl, Jun 29, 2006.

1. Gypsy_girl

Gypsy_girl Member

I am on the list of contributors for Vice Magazine (a music magazine in Melbourne) and they're on the lookout for either amazing stories that make you
    say "no waaaaaaay" when you hear them, or stories about kids between 5 and 12 (it has to be told from their point of view), so if you know of any outlandish
    stories or interesting kids I could interview please get back to me ASAP with the info!
    Note: I'll be sending these stories off so if you don't wish to be named or quoted, simply let me know in your reply.
    Cheers,
    Jessica.

2. stephaniesomewhere

stephaniesomewhere Member

whats the legalities of using stories from kids? sorta a touchy subject I would think?

:)

3. Gypsy_girl

Gypsy_girl Member

Apparently the kid's gotta write it and then you submit it, give them the appropriate credit etc.

4. RetroGroove_Grrl

RetroGroove_Grrl I'm a big girl now

Vice Rawks!

5. Hat Driv3r

Hat Driv3r Member

One of my kids helped save 2 people's lives while living in the bush, one a man who cut his leg off accidentally and another who almost drowned, i think she's pretty special, she's a teenager now, get back to me if you can pay for the stories.....

6. guy

guy Senior Member

when i was 14 i ran away from home and stowed away on a steamship to sweden - a big one.

7. Questionable_guy

Questionable_guy Member

Vice is the only good magazine i have read in ten years. it seriously is good shit.
    now... in my many, varied and highly unusual fringe explorations in the last ten years, i have had some EXTREMELY "outlandish" stories come out of them, but most of them also completely what legal isn't (but not violent, mind you) but if i change some names and have some level of not getting asked any questions about shit, i can give you some good ones, and some fucking funny, in it's particular way, stories too .

anyway.

let me know if you do.

8. Gypsy_girl

Gypsy_girl Member

Ah it seems I have taken to long to get back to ya'll....

Still on the look out for stories though I can send around the place so if you hear anything of interest, go right ahead and post.

Peace Jess and sorry about the delay in reply!

9. stephaniesomewhere

stephaniesomewhere Member

how about doing some legwork yourself and getting out there and talking with people the age you want rather than trawling a board with loads of people who tend to be way older than the age group you asked...of course you might have a few ethical problems if you try and do this but sort out that side of it (parents signing forms etc) and I am sure you will get a far better response than you have here:) .