outdoor plant

Discussion in 'Cannabis Outdoors' started by globox, Jul 3, 2006.

1. globox

globox Member

greetings,

i have a single outdoor plant that is growing in the southern US (pretty hot and humid). Many of the leaf tips are brown and the larger leaves on the bottom are yellowing and most of the stems seem to be softening and weakening. I have read that it may be a N difficiency. I take it that N is Nitrogen. I have also read that it may be over-watering that causes yellowing. The substrate was pretty dry today when i noticed the yellowing so i watered it really good. The soil being so dry says that it isnt over-watering and it must be the absence of N. Is there a way to know for sure? i can post a photo if it will help. The plant is between 2.5 and 4 months old and has been doing very well and i am not ready accept its death. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

globox

2. rangerdanger

rangerdanger Senior Member

A. What kind of soil?
    B. What has your feeding regimin been?

3. globox

globox Member

im using miracle grow potting mix for soil. here latley i havent been watering it everyday for reasons unknown to myself. i guess maybe im lazy. as i said the soil was pretty dry yesterday so i watered it really good. during the time that i didnt water it much i think i mainly sprayed the leaves (foliar watering?) and dumped a little out of the spray bottle into the soil maybe every other time i watered. im just using plain old tap water. nothing special. thanks for the speedy reply rangerdanger. i need to get this chick back on her feet.

4. buffoonman

buffoonman Senior Member

I used Miracle grow on my last crop. I discovered it has no magnesium in it. I used epsom salts to correct this, it seemed to cure a lot of problems. Constantly foliar feeding leaves with Miracle grow may also have burned them. I would water at the base of the plants with epsom salts added to your feed. Try cutting your miracle grow strenghth in half and see how it goes. If things are ok leave it at that strength. If leaves are still pale after a couple of weeks incrase feed strenghth untill they look ok.
    Remember don't go adding lots of extra nutes you may do more harm than good. Try the added magnesium before anything. It will tell you how much to add on the packet. its available at all garden centers.

5. globox

globox Member

ill try the epsom salts idea. The miracle grow cant be burning the plant tho because it was fine for a long time. and besides, the miracle grow is in the potting mix, not in the water. i use plain tap water with nothing added. none of the leaves are curled. i thought burning caused the leaves to curl. does it also make the tips brown? i just dont understand how there could be too much fert, when there is really not much at all. another thing... how much water is too much? is everyday too much? every 3-4 days? this is my first plant so i dont have much hands on experience. thanks.

6. rangerdanger

rangerdanger Senior Member

-Quit spraying your plants.
    -Add a little high-N nute such as groundup fish at like 1/3 recommended dosage.
    -Water when needed. Stick your finger into the soil all the way. If the tip of your finger is wet or moist, hold off. Wait until the tip of your finger is dry before watering.

7. globox

globox Member

thanks bro. that is what i have been wanting to hear. hopefully i can save her yet. thanks again.

globox

8. mack_1st

mack_1st Member

i have 3 purple haze seeds and I'm from Romania.Is it ok to plant them outdoor in july?

9. buffoonman

buffoonman Senior Member

Its really to late outdoors especially if you have good seeds.