outdoor growing tips

Discussion in 'Cannabis Outdoors' started by whynot, Feb 6, 2005.

1. whynot

whynot Member

I was just wondering if aneone could give me some tips about growing outdoors,i live in the northeast u.s. and the growing season extends from about late april early may to about mid late september, can aneone recomend any specific strains ,also how to hide my plants and make them produce the most buds, ive been doing a lot of reading on the subject andjust would like to know allthe info i possibly can all replies will be appreciated.

jesusfreak420 likes this.
  2. b1v2w3

b1v2w3 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Hey whynot, Jorge Cervantes' book "Marijuana Outdoors: Guerilla Growing" takes 4 or 5 outdoor growing scenarios, all for different climates and geographical regions, will give you a lot of info as to what people have done successfully what you want to do. Stains are mentioned as well and as you go and have specific questions, like where to get this seed or that fertilizer etc., come back here. LOL b1

3. Adonijah7

Adonijah7 Guest

My plants seem to have healthy leaves for the first 10 leaves or so, then they begin to grow curly and shriveled. Has anyone had this? Do you know how to prevent it?

4. PAX-MAN

PAX-MAN Just A Old Hippy

http://www.marijuana-seeds.net/Thanks-ThankYou.htm

PAX

5. mikeyman

mikeyman Member

what kind of soil did you use

6. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

this or anything that is similiar...its cheaper to buy the components and make your own mix...if you really look around you can get the components FREE and make your own
    [​IMG]

7. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

fuck hydroponic stores..they mark up the prices and rip you off...anything you can buy there you can get cheaper elsewhere...they exist for profit...and not MY profit

dirt is free

8. Bud D

Bud D Member

Your going to ammend soil anyway, so just buy organic. Bio char is good too. If I kept spots I'd put more money in it.

The secret is taking care of them! They need water every so many days during dry spells. Biochar helps retain water among many other organic living soil benefits. They need food every other watering. I would top dress during heavy rains if your not watering. Don't over care but way easier and will short your harvest weight if you under care.

I don't have the balks to grow anymore. But I would grow if we become legal and I have the money.

Also look into need oil and soap. Learn to treat diseases and how to avoid them spreading.

You will have more sucess growing one large plant from fem seed or proven clone, than being overly invested in strain lust. Find one good spot and work that land!

9. jesusfreak420

jesusfreak420 Members

What components do you recommend? I have been using egg shells for calcium, coffee grounds for nitrogen, and then I blend up (and burry) vegetable scraps. I have killed a few plants (sadly), and am thinking that maybe too much nitrogen is what has done it. Otherwise I'm thinking it may be the hot Australian sun.

10. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

i stopped making my own living soil 2 years back.....massive pain in the ass and i couldnt make enough easily to handle all the soil i needed....about a dump truck worth......i now use ''promix'' and buy nutrients form those stores i ranted against in 2011

promix is all natural and used with organic based nutrients [expensive] you can grow some good weed...

dead plants are part of growing.....it happens sometimes....this year i lost lots because of a black walnut tree at one corner of the yard....everything near that tree fizzled out and croaked.....black walnut debris is poison to other plants and this stoner didn't notice the tree in the spring...became very evident in the fall

11. jesusfreak420

jesusfreak420 Members

Thanks so much.. I'll see if I can track down some of that Promix. Thanks again

12. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

people also use ''trimix''...same shit different manufacturer.....I use the one that has '' mycorrhizae''

[​IMG]

13. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Holy Necropost! :)

The only time I ever grew a plant it was an Indica plant; i don't remember what strain, and it was bugs I had to be mindful of. In my opinion, If you're growing outside you'll probably have to watch especially for bugs on your plant.