Out of the corner of your eye...

Discussion in 'Weird, Bizarre and Mysterious' started by Lynnbrown, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

Does anybody ever see things out of the corner of their eyes - and when you look at it, there's nothing?

It seems to come in "cycles" for me...in that there are "busy" times and then there will be looong periods where there is nothing.
    And I Do Not do any type of drug that would make me hallucinate (just smoke
    herb) or I would definitely attribute it to that. This has gone on (and off) for years with me, and I'm just wondering if there is anyone else out there that has experienced the same thing. Usually I think I've seen a type of animal, but in years past I've seen more human appearing corner-of-the-eye-things.

Here lately I've been seeing darkish animals about cat size or even like an armadillo (which I've never really seen) or funny dog. I don't feel it's bad or any such thing as that, but just wondered if any of y'all have done that - just Known there was something - and then, when you tried to find it, chase it down - Nothing. air...wth :)

2. lithium

lithium frogboy

Yes this happens to everyone, to greater and lesser degrees, all the time. It's because the innate pattern- and agency-detection mechanisms in the brain are highly sensitive and prone to erroneous triggering. The area outside of the centre of your retina is not very sensitive to detail, but it is very sensitive to movements and contrast changes. The slightest shadow or unusual shape in your peripheral vision will frequently trigger false pattern-detection positives, and an ancient part of your brain screams "predator":)

3. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Frankly when it happens to me,I feel like I'm still getting my moneys' worth from the 60's-70's windowpane intake.

4. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Excellant,lithium.

5. white dove

white dove Member

i dont no with what way i should go, i like to think it more than just my brain looking and matching patterns, altho driveing tired i see stuff witch is not real

6. Its the shadow people.

7. xexon

xexon Destroyer Of Worlds

Peripheral vision is about 20% more powerful than your forward looking vision.

It you barely see it out of the corner of your eye, you won't likely see it at all dead on.

x

8. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

so could it be glimpses into other planes, parallel planes? perhaps one cannot perceive other planes "dead on", unless you are an adept -
    there are places, where the veils are thin...
    but most all things follow rules unless they follow others (rules we don't know about) or know the way around. I digress...
    or maybe I don't. :)

9. white dove

white dove Member

ride on i want more, PLANES, hmmmm sounds like some were we should all go

10. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

:D nah, the shadow people you can most certainly see straight on!