ottawa marijuana freedom march sat. june 5

Discussion in 'Canada' started by fi_J, Jun 4, 2004.

1. fi_J

fi_J Member

Fill the Hill 2004 is happening this saturday at 1pm on parliament hill.

i'd go, but i work then (yay retail :p)... so i'm spreading the word in the hopes that someone else will show their support.

from what i've read, it seems like a well-organised, well-publicised, insightful event. even if you can't go, or even if you're questioning the wisdom of marijuana legalization/decriminalisation, check out the web site (link above).

fill the hill!!

2. lucyinthesky

lucyinthesky Tie Dyed Soul

WOOHOO i went, and it ROCKED!!!!!!!!! such a cool experience!!!

3. fi_J

fi_J Member

hey lucyinthesky! that's great news :) did you go with friends? a couple of mine went and left after about an hour... they didn't like the way it was so political (parliament hill and upcoming elections... hmmm), and perhaps not so much chillin' and hackin'. lol oh well...

was the turn out good... my friend figured about 3000 when they left. that should fill the space significantly... was there any press coverage? (i don't watch tv much.)

glad to know you enjoyed it :D

the next one will be bigger, and i'll be there! *grumble retail grumble*

4. lucyinthesky

lucyinthesky Tie Dyed Soul

the whole idea of the protest was for it to BE political. Legalizing marijuana is a political issue. I don't understand why your friends didn't approve of that. It was awesome. It motivated me so much more than i ever have been to fight for the right to smoke and grow. The entire day was filled with chillin' and hackin', it rocked. The turn out was awesome, TONS of people....There was press coverage, lots of cameras, both professional and personal, but i have yet to see anything actually get on the news, although im sure it was on somewhere. I'm kinda pissed that it wasnt EVERYWHERE. it SHOULD have been! it wasa huge deal. You'll definitely have to go to the next! Mind you, i wish there didnt have to BE a next one....