Otep

Discussion in 'Music' started by Sesen, Aug 16, 2005.

1. Sesen

Sesen Member

Does anyone here listen to OTEP? I just heard them for the first time a few days ago and so far I like what I've heard.

2. junkhead

junkhead Member

yes i used to like them a year or so back
    but now i think theyre garbage

cool sig though

3. localhippy

localhippy Senior Member

4. Otep is 'Peto' spelled backwards, Peto being Finnish for The Beast. They use backwards writing also with an album called 'Sevas tra', which makes 'Art saves', which supports my theory. :H

So I'd guess they're Finnish and that's all I know.

5. junkhead

junkhead Member

they arent finnish at all
    theyre a shitty american band

6. melonhead

melonhead Member

they're ok. i got some promo stickers at a show, so my bf looked em up, and downloaded a couple songs, and was really diggin em, so we saw them a few times (they were at ozzfest more than once, and we caught them at a few local venues). the shows were ok, but she WHINES so much live! it's unbearable at times! bf still likes them, but i moved on. we met them a couple of times...the hot lead singer chic is really cool, fan-friendly, and evil jay, the bassist, i think, also very cool, chillin with the fans...his parents were haning out with him at one show we went to.
    fan interaction is very important in a band, i think. they took their time for autographs and pics and stuff.

is that layne in a pearl jam shirt? sweet. :)

peace.
    LP

7. junkhead

junkhead Member

yeah it is
    from waaaaaaaay back

8. Phinnish >>> Amerikan

9. toolmaggot

toolmaggot Nuts Go Here.

Otep blows. Dyke can't scream. I hate chick vocalists. Especially when they try to do death growls. Bassist sucks, too. They get hailed as having such deep and thoughtul lyrics. I would understand that, if it was written by an angsty thirteen year old girl that scratches herself with a safety pin at two in the morning because her parents "don't love her".

Yep, they're just all-around terrible.