OTC Self-Defense Sprays DO NOT WORK!!!

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Jimbee68, Mar 11, 2022.

1. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

Because only the police (in the USA) are allowed to have the good stuff. "The good stuff" is subsequently classified as a weapon. And if you were to carry that with you, you'd probably get in more trouble than the criminal you sprayed it with.

Some guy back, on local TV where I live [Detroit, MI] let a woman spray him with her OTC self-defense spray. It only made him sneeze and cough a little. Now, I am not a hoodlum myself. But I would guess if you did that to a perp, in addition to not incapacitating him, it would also probably make him pretty angry too.

Carry a whistle with you, or a loud horn. Or this is interesting. The phrase people yell that is most likely to get attention is "Fire!". So yell fire, if you are attacked.

Also where I live, walking sticks, as long as they're not concealed, are okay. One cop once told me that they only are classified as weapons if you get attacked. Interesting information.

Thoughts? :)

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Brake cleaner does...

You can find it in the automotive section at Walmart.

FritzDaKatx2 likes this.
  3. wyldwynd

wyldwynd ~*~ Super Moderator

They sell a wasp spray that sprays twenty feet at a very direct and strong force the intruder would have to immediately go the hospital for treatment

Tyrsonswood likes this.