Organic VS. Non-Organic

Discussion in 'Organic Cannabis Growing' started by xÆx, Dec 16, 2006.

1. xÆx

xÆx Member

What are the benefits from growing organically?

2. rangerdanger

rangerdanger Senior Member

Short answer:
    Better taste.
    More forgiving.
    Less harm to the environment.

3. GreaseMonkey

GreaseMonkey Member

the smoke is less harsh too.
    Chemmy buds that haven't been flushed are nasty, I would rather be sober than put some weird chemicals in my lungs.

4. saltypimp

saltypimp Member

THC is a chemical, natural...

I WANT LSD, LOTS OF IT

5. PeaceLoveAndWeed

PeaceLoveAndWeed Member

everything is a chemical, i laugh when i have customers that say they want organic vegetable food because they dont want their vegetables to have chemicals in them. Well everything is a chemical or chemical compound including water, oxygen, carbon dioxide, nitrogen, phosphorous, and potassium to name a few that plants use.

6. Rocklobster

Rocklobster Senior Member

that is true I would of thought most chemicals have an organic root or key components they cant just pluck em from thin air.

7. skip

skip Founder Administrator

Yes, but when you deliberately ADD chemicals to plants, they often can't use all of them and the chemicals build up if not flushed. Plus the non-organic shit usually has harmful pesticides or fungicides added that are harmful to humans too, esp. smoked.

In addition there are trace elements needed by plants that aren't covered by the usual chemicals added and found only in organic matter. Plus most commercial fertilizers are oil derived thus promoting chemical agriculture as opposed to organic.

You can easily create your own organic fertilizer by composting, saving lots of money and creating a far superior product for all to enjoy.

Why put expensive chemicals where they're not needed, nor wanted, esp. by consumers.

8. Lady of the Freaks

Lady of the Freaks Senior Member

don't forget that people who grow plants with pesticides get exposed to dangerous carcinogens too.

9. Jacobin

Jacobin Guest

i smoked organically homegrown purple the other day and it was really beautiful. The taste was to die for. If at all possible, i would always purchase my greens this way

its so good it makes me consider growing!

10. Cohn

Cohn Member

Synthetic chemicals is often used afaik. (??)
    I belive synthetics may cause cancers in us.

Organic grow is using chemicals yes, but they are NATURALLY occuring.
    Non organic is garbage from chemical companies.

Stay organic. LIVE ORGANIC! - Let's just stay healthy.
    (If people wanna grow without knowledge and spend cash to chemical companies be my guest, just don't sell that weed to my kids ^^ )

Peace and love, and remember if you KNOW what your doing in the ways of amount the plants need of food you can grow just as good yield with organic.
    keep in mind, you are part of nature, stay that way.

Sun IS shining even when it's cloudy!

11. ashleywatson

ashleywatson Guest

I think nothing can beat the organic products.... these does not contain any harmful chemical and safe in all the manners.

12. ashleywatson

ashleywatson Guest

Organic products are better is all the manner than non organic products...the best thing about these products are they does not contain any chemical... and best and safe for the heath view.

13. fire_in_the_soul

fire_in_the_soul Member

'Organic' in the public, is now a federally-regulated term the farmers have to pay for when they operate in the public/with the public (zombies).

So farmers have ditched it all-together where there are local farmer's markets and co-ops nearby. Get to know the farmer, that's the best bet.

Look for sustainable; sustainability is not something in the federal organic standards.

Edit: oops I see this topic area is specific to growing cannibis.

Okay, well if it WAS ever available in the public (mm?) then the above applies.

14. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

what a joke...most of you just say it is better because of no chemicals...someone said it tastes better...someone else says its not as harsh...all lies...most of you could not tell the difference between non organic weed and any other properly grown weed...the term is generally specific to ''pesticides'' when talking about marijuana since most plant food is already made from ''organic material''.. Commercial plant food is made from a combination of three key ingredients: nitrogen, phosphate and potash. The amounts and ratios of each ingredient varies depending on the type of plant or flower to be fed.

other than a pesticide...which most good growers do not use[expensive]..what do you think we are putting on our babies..?

i have a close friend..he used fish guts,wood ash etc to get organic weed..it was no different than any other weed i have smoked

15. chrizt1an

chrizt1an Member

Fish guts. Danmm I wonder the smell of your grow room.

16. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

another common misconception about organic growing...anything that you want to use to promote flowering such as fish guts and or wood ash MUST go in to the soil when the plant is a baby..NOT at flowering time.reason being is that they need to breakdown into the soil..this is the reason why people buy ''tea''style nutrients because they are already broken down

buddy used the fish guts in his outside garden but needed 11 dogs to keep out the animals from digging up the holes...he said it was not worth the trouble and will be going back to regular farming next summer

17. chrizt1an

chrizt1an Member

I was actually reading a book yesterday forgot the tittle but it was talking about how organic doesn't mean its organic it could be cat pist and they would not tell you. Just label it as organic.
    So in cunclosion don't let the ORGAqNIC fool ya

18. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Just google up what kinds and how much/ many chemicals are applied in the the area I grew up in--Fresno,Kings and Tulare counties in California. It's the so-called bread basket of the world. (I'd help here ,but this damn computer). I know for a fact that people get sick there every year when cotton is defoliated with a harsh chemical when salt water would do the same. Briltz, a chemical co. is big there. Sure ,everything is chemical,but I want to have a choice on what chemicals I and my family ingest. I'm not talking so much about weed,but I don't give a shit.

19. pipesdaddy

pipesdaddy Member

The flavour is really different. Actually it depends upon the preferences. But the mood will really vary.

20. Rocklobster

Rocklobster Senior Member

its called the nitrogen cycle friendly bacteria breaking down the organic waste.

was watching video the other day an organic hydro grow the set up had what looked like a fish tank filter on the reserve tank reckon it was important for an organic hydro grow, now surely that's doing the same job as the soil in housing the friendly bacteria?.

been using organic soil for awhile now and must say its far easier to choose one to grow in never had problems with getting a hot soil that burns or spots the plants unlike your regular potting or multi purpose soils.