Organic Egg, Soy and Dairy Scorecards

Discussion in 'You Are What You Eat!' started by skip, Dec 15, 2010.

1. skip

skip Founder Administrator

2. deleted

deleted Visitor

ha.. I knew that giant eagle pgh pa was shaddy.. score of 1.

though i like that some the PA farms were at a 5 in Fluid milk products (raw).. I drink alot of milk.. :D,

you should too cause cow cant stop making it..

3. ChronicTom

ChronicTom Banned

Woohoo... our eggs rate above everyone's there... of course, that doesn't help anyone else seems we don't sell any... lol

If you didn't check it out there, they have a pdf file with their point system for eggs. Its actually quite detailed and definitely geared towards raising hens for eggs in a friendly organic manner.

The PDF file

In terms of measuring home egg production alone, it isn't that great seems the numbers they start measuring at is 500 chickens!

4. skip

skip Founder Administrator

They need to stop making more cows! They consume far more resources than they provide. They cause tremendous environmental degradation. They pollute (but not as bad as humans do). They are responsible for more rainforest destruction than anything else.

But you know that.

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

actually I did know that... Some people have the same cows for a very long time. but its them commercial farms that just continue to drive resources into the ground and producing more milk than people can consume. sure there are alot of dry dairy products. but there is also the cost to destroy the unused products. I see this sometimes at the one gas station where I work. the milk man is delivering but also taking away the old stock. This is silly imo (but im not an agriculture expert .. hold up. [​IMG].. Ok Now the milk man is loading old stock and moving it costing fuel. Even if heading this direction there is a weight to consider when deducting fuel cost on average..
    one these day im going to buy hemp seed milk. I never had it... :(
    http://www.mahalo.com/hemp-seed-milk

6. ChronicTom

ChronicTom Banned

Err... no...

Was this sarcasm??? I can't tell so I'm going to act like it wasn't...

Cows don't cause any rain forest destruction... humans raising cows do...

The commercial operation of dairy and beef farms need to end I agree 100%, beyond that, I will fight (with guns and all) the person who tries to say I can't have a cow...

7. deleted

deleted Visitor

I think thats cow he was trying to explain it adding the human part the equation..
    and we have all seen the cow abuse video.. They wouldnt be treating their cows like that if they didnt have so many.. They have no Love for the animal that feed a billion babies a year, them people are monsters..

8. ChronicTom

ChronicTom Banned

I'd like to have an hour alone with the people like those from the videos...

9. acid_tripz222

acid_tripz222 Member

enjoy your eggs sir.