Ordering things online...

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms' started by Catalya, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Catalya

Catalya Member

I've ordered truffles multiple times (6+) and always put my real name. Is this stupid? I'm planning on ordering more and a shroom growkit...should I put an alias? How much trouble can I get in for either of the items?

Thanks for answering my trivial and possibly idiotic question, heh :)

2. deleted

deleted Visitor

they aint interested in your contaminated shroom grow.. ;)

3. FlyingFly

FlyingFly Dickens

Did anyone actually got busted for having shrooms?
    I mean, not if he was a retard, but in situation in which police actually cared to bust him.

4. Grainpsilo

Grainpsilo Member

It is a schedule one substance in the US and if you are having them shipped that is trafficing which is a federal offense..... couple that with a grow kit so that is manufacturing and you are looking at 5-10 years in federal pound me in the ass prison if they judge wants to make an example of you.

5. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

What you also need to think about is , does the person you are getting these mushrooms from know the difference in mushrooms that get you high and ones that can kill you ? I am a smart guy , but know nothing about mushrooms . desert rat

6. Octopus.Tenticals

Octopus.Tenticals Member

Send them to an alias name and if a different post man delivers than you are used to, don't accept. Don't use your credit card if possible.

7. deleted

deleted Visitor

in a post 911 world there is no such thing as aliases .. really..

8. Catalya

Catalya Member

Replies are in order:

I haven't heard of anyone around me being busted for shrooms.
    I don't live in the US. But shrooms are still illegal here.
    Where I'm getting them from is accredited.
    I've had a different post man each time. And I've used my credit card every time ordering truffles.
    True.

I've read reviews on people ordering and some say that the package just gets confiscated by customs and that's it. Is this plausible?

Thanks everyone.

9. PhotoDude

PhotoDude Member

I would try to cancel the order. Just in case. If you aren't 100% sure about the law, just be safe.

10. chadcr01

chadcr01 Senior Member

You're just ordering spores, and other required grow materials?

Spores are not illegal in most states... I know they are illegal in California, and I think a couple more states, but I'm not positive. However, it is illegal in all fifty states to order them with the intent of cultivating them...This is one of those laws where they have to prove intent (theoretically anyways) in order to prosecute, it would have to be proven in court that you ordered those spores with the intention of cultivating a certain species of cubensis for sale and/or personal use. I dunno who suggested you would be charged with "trafficking," but that is absolutely not the case...

Spores do not contain any psychoactive compounds... no psilocybin, no psilocin. Since the spores lack any scheduled drugs, it is totally legal to sell them in most states... they just cannot be advertised in a way that indicates they are being sold to be cultivated.. i.e. it would be illegal for a website to advertise their spores like "Psilocybe cubensis spores, get yours today and trip your sack off!"

Not sure where you're located though... there's a good chance you might live in one of states where it IS explicitly illegal to sell spores. Like I said, I know California is one of them... not sure about the others, but I think there are a couple more... Google it.

Just don't get caught growing them (not like that's a big concern with mushrooms anyways) or that is a felony charge for manufacturing. As far as the other materials in the grow kit (your growing medium; rye, grain or whatever, and mason jars etc)... that stuff is all 100% legal. Not sure why so many people think this is so risky, spores are sold on the internet all the time... very commonplace.

If you're THAT worried about it, I would order your substrate and jars and whatnot from a different vendor than you're getting the spores from... Simply because it would be really easy to prove that you intend to grow them if you order everything at once, from the same online vendor... If Johnny Law opens your box, and inside there is a syringe of psilocybe cubensis spores, a 5lb bag of rye, mason jars, tinfoil, and other growing materials, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to figure out that you intend on cultivating psychedelic mushrooms.. However, if your order your spores from one vendor and get the rest of your supplies at Home Depot, or from a different online vendor it wouldn't be QUITE so obvious what you're doing if the spore package gets intercepted by law enforcement... This way if law enforcement opens a package and there is nothing but a syringe of cubensis spores, there's no way they could prove you intend on cultivating them... whereas if you have spores and literally every other item/material required to grow mushrooms in the same box... well, there's no debating what you intend to do with those materials...

So if you want to be really safe, order your spores separate from the grow kit. I know most places that sell spores do not even sell growing supplies because they could get arrested for selling them in conjunction with spores, as that could potentially prove their intent of people cultivating psychedelic mushrooms... Some vendors however, still sell spores and substrates, jars, grow-kits, etc... so basically if you're really paranoid (no reason to be though) get the spores from one vendor, order the rest of the materials from another vendor... Although really I don't even think that's necessary... You're worrying too much. I would say just order it already, you will be totally fine :)

Good luck

11. Colimon

Colimon Cheesus Christo

I believe that she is talking about psilocin/psilocybin truffles. The weak "philosopher's stones" that I've heard so much about. I personally think they're a waste of time. There are many grey areas in the law when it comes to mushrooms and its active compounds. Up here in Canada it can be confusing whether or not it counts as drugs if you still have them growing, or in a fresh, non-dried state. I've even heard the truffles bypass laws in a lot of countries as there are loopholes in which only the mushrooms are illegal, not the active content. If psilocin/psilocybin are illegal in your country as well as the mushrooms themselves, you have a chance of having them confiscated. Nothing else should typically happen to you if they're confiscated, as it's pretty hard to prove you were having them sent to you sometimes. If they do intercept it, expect a letter in the mail, nothing else. Have a good one!

12. chadcr01

chadcr01 Senior Member

Oh damn, I see..

I misread the post I guess... Typed all that out for nothing... fuck.

13. Grainpsilo

Grainpsilo Member

If I was ordering truffles and lived in the US I wouldn't open the package right away after it arrived. I would write return to sender on it as soon as it was deliveried and put it on my kitchen table for 12 hours. I have friends that had drugs sent through the mail and they were hand delivered by the feds posing as a UPS delivery guy. 5 minutes later they stormed the house assuming that by then he had opened the package and they could bust him for trafficing. But if you don't open it and they bust in you have a better chance of beating the wrap because you can deny you knew what was inside. If you write return to sender on the package you can claim it wasn't your package in the first place and you were going to send it back.

It is a common practice for people to send drugs to other peoples addresses and then wait for the UPS delivery guy to drop it off and then snatch the package off the porch. You could claim to be a innocent victim just as long as you don't open the package right away.

14. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i read all of it

and learned a few things

does that make you feel better? :biker: