Ordering online with a signature, not always a warning sign

Discussion in 'Busted!' started by unfocusedanakin, Jan 19, 2013.

1. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

This is not about weed, but since this is the busted forum I think it sorta fits.

So like allot of users on this forum I have some internet sources. I have always been told if something were to happen you NEVER sign for a package because police will pose as the post man and your signature means you have knowledge of the package.

Well a few days ago I find a note on my door saying the post man has missed me, but I have a package. I go online and see it has recently passed through customs in my vendors country, but for some reason it has been sent overnight express, which requires a signature by default unless the sender says it is not needed. This seems strange to me because in the past normal mail has been used. The note was also found early in the day, several hours before my mail normally comes. I figure this is because this type of mail is supposed to arrive before noon, so maybe a different person is in charge of those deliveries.

The note says I can pick it up at the post office tomorrow but does not say a signature is required, "fuck that" I think. There is also an option to have the package mailed to me tomorrow.

Thinking this is the worse case scenario, I go online and ask for them to try again tomorrow. After all, that will not get me into more trouble then I already am. so if I am caught they will likely assume

If I can get them to come back that would signal to me that it not a cop, because setting up a sting like a controlled delivery takes time. They are less likely to come two days in a row then the real post man. I try to comfort myself further by thinking a cop would not ring the bell once and leave. They would stick around and try a little harder. I was home at the time, so I know no major fuss was made. A cop would want you to come in with your ID and pick the package up, just like the note said I could do. I wonder if the bell was not rung at all and it all meant to get me to go into the post office.

Online there is a section for special requests on the package. I fill in "leave at front door if needed". My plan is to refuse it if a signature is asked for. After the second attempt you would be required to pick the package up at the post office so I figure if they won't leave without a signature something is up.

A male's name is on it, so my girlfriend suggests she answer the door and say he's not home. I feel bad, as if I am putting my gf in harms way, but as she reminds me, her name is not on it. How can you say she knows what it is, she is only taking in her room mates mail.

Fast forward to the next day and my normal mail lady knocks on our door, and a signature is being asked for. My gf asks if anyone can sign for the package, and is told anyone living in the house. This seems legit to us since they would be looking for the name on the box to accept delivery.

I wait a while afraid to open the package. I have also heard this is a good plan because even if police do come you can still say you did not know what it was.

I open the package to find just what I ordered. My vendor must have used express because lately he has gotten a reputation for slow shipping and I know some vendors like it because the speed required in express means less time for the package to be investigated.

I just wanted to share this story in case this happens to anyone else. Use fake names, and be cautious of signatures. If all else fails refuse the package, and tell them to return to sender.

2. wallace2112

wallace2112 Member

Did you order this off the silk road or something

3. unfocusedanakin

No

4. hooly

hooly Member

Do you order drugs online? I mean wtf? great story, man.....?

5. unfocusedanakin

I see you are new here.

It's not uncommon for people on this forum to use the internet to source drugs. Perhaps you don't agree with it, but it does happen. Is there risk? Certainly, as you can see from my story, but it's the nature of the game.
    Buy the ticket, take the ride, no sympathy for the devil.

6. Mzi

Mzi Member

uff tensely

7. upperlevel

upperlevel Member

This is old but it's at the top anyway. I just want to make sure anyone reading this does not follow the advice to 'use fake names' as fake names not matching their address or postal code actually increase the chances of any package being searched. ALSO, one time I had an order (a very special one to me) through a vendor, and I or he screwed up the address by one number. It took 3 and a half weeks but it showed up because my name was on it, and I talked to my postguy and he says that its actually not typical for them to actually deliver things with disputes in the address, but I got lucky.
    Of course that is just the recipient, as a sender, ALWAYS use all fake info.

8. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Idk... all I know is I had an order of 200 pills come to me once that was opened by Homeland Security and taped back shut with "Homeland Security" tape telling me they opened my package but it arrived just fine... I thought that was very odd. So, you are talking about signing for the post office... not the delivery confirmation that some places make you do? The only thing I was ever told about the not signing things was that if they ever sieve your shit they'll send you something telling you that they did that and if you wanna contest it you're supposed to sign...and if you sign then you will get charged so you just don't sign and they can't/won't charge you...

9. unfocusedanakin

Yeah I have since learned fake names are a big red flag. Good advice Upper

10. Colimon

Colimon Cheesus Christo

Nope, sometimes they literally dress up as the post man and have you sign for the package. They could be preparing to raid you as soon as they have confirmation of the signature. This is usually with bigger fish. As for smaller orders, as you've said, some of them are simply confiscated and the recipient of the package notified.

11. Zadooey

Zadooey Member

Wait you order drugs online? How is this possible?

12. -Yggdrasil-

-Yggdrasil- Einherjar

My profession is a courier and I often have to card items down to the post office. A lot of people don't like handing over their license number or signature and I often have to think why?

Yeah I get you think your details are going into a system and can be used late but that doesn't happen, not with my company. It simply just gets put into the work system as delivered with that signature so that if a problem occurs later they can go in and see what's happened, what the service level agreements are and if it had been signed for. Nobody cares to be honest, about your signature or your licence number, it's just something I need to ask for to mark the job off successfully on my job palm.

Needless to say, these twits probably all have online banking accounts, regular doctor check ups and they're worried about what a guy who doesn't want to be at your door is going to do with several numbers and a signature that doesn't look like anything.

13. unfocusedanakin

Been able to for years if you know where to look. Mostly technically legal research chemicals but you can find anything.

14. SatireOnFire

SatireOnFire Members

Research chemicals are everywhere but a lot of websitesare fake. You need to do your research before you make an order. There are a lot of warning signs to tell you what sites are legit and which ones are bogus.