opiate interference?

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by ladius3, Jan 15, 2009.

1. ladius3

ladius3 Member

hello all...im new here and well i had been taking 4 mg dilaudids by snorting them and 40mg oxycontins orally. at first i only did the dillys at three a day.
    then eventually was up to snorting 6 a day in a few hours then taking an oxy or 2. this progressed thorugh a 3 month period...anyways my concern is i play guitar and now no longer have any desire to pick it up unless im opiated. before the pills i had a strong urge to play usually. so i quit the pills and withdrawals were minimal but this is the 3rd day sober and still have no want to pick it up. anyone else here have this happen to them with any sort of hobbie? and will it come back to me!? please answer if you have

2. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

3rd day sober after months of regular.. if not, how it sounds day to day.. dilaudid and oxy use.. you're w/d's have probably just begun.. especially if you dont want to do something you once use to do.. its the mental aspect of w/d's thinking that nothing is worth doing without being on something..

3. Guitar

Guitar Senior Member

Yea give it 7 days sober, i know how you feel, when im withdrawling i cant play the drums or guitar, i just feel like utter shit.

4. ladius3

ladius3 Member

well...thanks guys. i need some hope to play again. that burning desire

5. TooCrisp

TooCrisp Member

it is always between day 10 and 15 where emotional well-being generally return and things become enjoyable again. something about the 2 week mark.

give it a bit of time and you'll be fine

6. weallhumalong

weallhumalong Member

yeah. i also have had decreased motivation to play guitar but when withdrawing or craving i do something that is actually the advice of my therapist. she said, when you are really craving those drugs, that you are feeling alot of pain at that moment, and that is the best time to tap into your creative side because all that pain and emotion is very accessible to you.