Open minded places

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by BlackDog, Jan 24, 2005.

1. BlackDog

BlackDog Member

Where is the most open minded city or state you have ever been to? I need to start considering unis, and Montana isnt cutting it right now......

2. Lucifer Sam

Lucifer Sam Vegetable Man

San Francisco is probably the most open-minded city in the U.S.

3. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

Yellow Springs, Ohio is much smaller, but it's as liberal as San Fran, or so I've heard.

4. Diddy Dreads

Diddy Dreads Member

Manchester UK, it is easily the most open minded city i know, although certain parts have got a reputation the actual centre and alot of the surroundings are the best places in the world! :D

5. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

Think West Coast...or East Coast.

6. Arachne

Arachne Member

i got to Cal Arts. the town it's in, Valencia, isn't the most open-minded place. but the Cal Arts community is amazing. the people here are loving, accepting, creative beings.

7. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

If your idea of open minded is gay, lucifer sams got the right idea. [​IMG]

Actually I really love San Fran. Expensive though...

8. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

San Fran has a great music scene too.

9. jesikhaviolet

jesikhaviolet Member

haha what you on man? have you seen the amount of chavs around this city? the centre and surroundings aren't the best places in the world! they're awful

10. TattoedAquarian

TattoedAquarian Senior Member

(I really like this thread - nice idea!) I thought about it a moment and i couldn't really think of any place in particular; i've traveled all over the U.S. and have been to Mexico, Europe, and Canada - And i've always found that whether a place is 'open' or not depends on how i feel there and how the people i went with and i are grooving or how the people i meet at new places are grooving... -Which has nothing to do with the location in my experience; i make my own atmostphere. Sorry i couldn't be more helpful; Goodluck!

11. jesikhaviolet

jesikhaviolet Member

scotland is pretty open if you're in the right places. glasgow certainly isn't, but some of the large towns/small cities like ayr are great

12. peacehippy

peacehippy Member

Im really enjoying this thread, im from Dallas, Tx (unfortunately), and this is definately not the place you want to be, if your looking for open-minded. I moved recently from Virginia, and everywhere I traveled to surf, up and down the east coast, was pretty laid back and chill. I enjoyed it.

peace to all

13. Becknudefck

Becknudefck Senior Member

Well definatly not anywhere in southern illinois. I got some weird stares there for wearing all black and having my headphones blasting dark side of the moon.

14. kurdtkobain

kurdtkobain Member

down in the grand canyon where the Brady Bunch stayed....the west like deserts and shit like that, but thats me

15. gate68

gate68 Senior Member

16. Nathan11

Nathan11 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

just thought i'd make a comment...
    (i came back to pm mary)
    i think san francisco is where all the hippies from the 60s went and decided to make profit from becoming hippies
    they traded their barefeet for a tie

17. gate68

gate68 Senior Member

jerry designed some very nice ties.Send me a dollar and I'll tell you the secret to being a hippie.

18. HippieBoy

HippieBoy Member

I bet he did

19. MadScientist

MadScientist Member

ohhhhhhhh man like Lubbock is totally the most open minded city ever. With like a population that is 90% Bush loving and Christian Fundamentalist what could be better. And what is really cool is that you have to drive 30 minutes to get out of the city to buy beer, dry counties are totally awsome man. But hey look at the bright side and you will see we just got a hooters, alright man....l.............. I don't know, to tell yall the truth I think it doesn't matter where you live, you can always find good people around, so just take what you got and make the best of it.
    ps-I was just kidding with all the man and totally awsome talk if yall didn't catch on to that(I was being an open minded hippy, hahahha, losers)

20. peacehippy

peacehippy Member

why do you have to hate madscientist? dont throw stones, at that you don't understand, everyone is different, and you need to respect why and how there different.

peace to all