ooh, my tummy! (real butter - any ideas?!?)

Discussion in 'Vegetarian' started by homeschoolmama, Apr 26, 2007.

1. homeschoolmama

homeschoolmama Senior Member

My mom watched the kids the other day & made gluten-free waffles for breakfast. They called up to brag that they were eating waffles, and I told them that sounded sooo cool since we haven't had them since November.

So my mom carefully made one up for me, buttered it & sent it home with them. I just heated it up, and about halfway through realized that she'd used REAL butter. (I haven't used or eaten real butter in... about 7 years?) And my tummy is sooooo out of sorts now!

I know we've talked on here before about accidentally eating something we didn't want to & how it upsets the digestive system. But does anyone know of any all-natural (MUST be all-natural with my list of allergies) aides to HELP severe stomach upset? Or am I just going to have to tough it through a miserable 4+ days of pain?
    love,
    mom
    (who feels rather ill at the moment)

2. Ezzie

Ezzie Member

Drink a hell of alot of water and fresh fruit to detox your body :p

Wont be anything bad though except maybe getting to know the toilet a bit better ^_^

3. lace_and_feet

lace_and_feet Super Member

Oh wow, that sounds terrible. :( Ginger or peppermint tea helps soothe an upset stomach, and baking soda can help too. I agree about drinking lots of water too. Also, when my stomach is bothering me I find the most soothing food to be something starchy like a bread or plain baked potato. Good luck in feeling better.

4. sweetdreadlover

sweetdreadlover TattooedRainbowGurl

teaslike peppermint and ginger or green to detox your body...should take about a week to get back to normal:)

5. homeschoolmama

homeschoolmama Senior Member

Yeah, I was afraid it'd be a waiting game. (sigh) I had the peppermint steeping as I typed my original post. It'll help, but OWIE! I feel like such a baby too... ugh!

Just for giggles - here's my "teacup." It's 24 oz and sturdy enough even for clumsy me! I took this pic a few months ago; having fun with the camera & steam.
    [​IMG]
    One of my more fun pics lately.
    love,
    mom

6. hummblebee

hummblebee hipstertist.

Ouch, it's always hard when we have a slip-up of that sort! No additional ideas to put in here, just wanted to wish you well! I do second SDL on the green tea though - it might not settle the stomach as well as peppermint, but it'll clean you out better!

I ate something a few days ago that disagreed with me, and it was just one cracker! My love brought home some Triscuits from the break-room at work and, being really busy, I was going to fall back on them as a convenience food. But I didn't realized till it was on it's way down that they were seasoned with MSG. I haven't eaten that crack in years, and I guess it was a shock to my system. It took two or three days for my system to get over it!

7. TreePhiend

TreePhiend Member

just get a bunch of pickeled ginger and chow down on that. I think it tastes awsome. Sounds like a good excuse to eat a bunch of pickeled ginger. I suggest pickeled because its easier to eat than raw ginger, but both would work fine.

8. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

kombucha tea will but good bacteria back.
    I like GTs.

since I had too much straight grated horseradish the other night, I FEEL you sister!
    but hey, what a detox (never do this- horseradish needs to go with larger amounts of food than a couple crackers)

9. unlearn.and.be.free

unlearn.and.be.free Guest

OoOo that's too bad, homeschoolmama! I'm definitely agreeing that there's nothing like tea to soothe the tummy. Another thing you might want to try is a palm-full of cumin. I was soooo sick at one point in Morocco because I accidentally swallowed a piece of egg and even though it came right back up, I felt horrible. One of the Berber women I was staying with came to my aid with the cumin and I'm lucky I love the spice because it was intense... just take it with lots of water (something I didn't have at the time) - but it helped! Hope you're feeling better.
    Peace,
    - Unlearn

10. Ezzie

Ezzie Member

Agh, I love you homeschool- you just made me remember before i went veggie i had a bacon sandwhich which was layered in butter.. I took a bite into it and i never felt so ill :|

*feels very sick now* =[