Online Poker

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by Popularity, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Popularity

Popularity Senior Member

Does anyone play? The past maybe 8 months I have been obsessed with poker(Hold 'Em specifically). Love it. Watch every tv show and constantly play online. I want to be a pro when I'm older.....I know, cute.
    Does anyone play online? I play at Full Tilt. Doing pretty good at the small stakes.

2. mr.greenxxx

mr.greenxxx Not an Average Bear

Im actually interested in trying it out, i downloaded and practised the martingale system on roulette, but that was just practise (no money involved).

Really interested me, sure to check it out when i have some cash i can burn

3. Popularity

Popularity Senior Member

You should play the Play Money at Full Tilt. You start off with 1000 chips with nothing but a pride value. You can also enroll in free tournaments (freerolls) which they actually pay you if you win. I got 3rd place out of 2700 and got $9...not much but its still cool.

4. Buddha Fish

Buddha Fish wanderin' fish

lol a friend of mine started doing that shit and he owed the bank 90$. dunno if he's paid them back, he didn't intend to, but if not then he owes them a shitload more now

i'm against gambling but if you gamble, just gamble responsibly

5. Burnt

Burnt Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I Lost 285,000 play chips on a straight flush the other guy had a higher card. have not played since.

6. A593

A593 Member

I saw this thread title and automatically guessed it was you dude. When poker just started getting popuar years ago, I thought it was too complicated to play... I never jumped on the bandwagon

7. weedwhacker

weedwhacker TFM Bro!

honestly i don't even really know how to play poker... i know the premise of it and how it's all about bluffs but i have never played

8. st. stephen

st. stephen Senior Member

^same here. i do want to learn though just havent got around to it

9. weedwhacker

weedwhacker TFM Bro!

yea, about once a year some family members come over and have poker night, maybe i should learn so i can join it for once

10. skierdood

skierdood Space For Rent

I play play money at FTP skierdood is my name there too.

11. Popularity

Popularity Senior Member

I started with $50 and my parents would only let me use $5 of that. I've now gotten up to $147 so I'm not in debt or anything.
    I cant wait to try to play stoned since I havent had weed during this time period unfortunately. I dont think I'll make that a habit though(playing high).

12. A593

A593 Member

My teacher(Mr. Flint) told us a story about how he had a bunch of coaches from the school come and play together, and apparently, one guy played, "donkey poker" or something like that. He said thats when you have shit cards but still play big. The guy with bad cards won, and the other guy got really mad and accused him of playing dirty and threw his chips everywhere and left.
    What I want to know is: is that really that bad? I thought that was exactly what poker was supposed to be? But the coach seemed to think that's not the right way to do it

13. Popularity

Popularity Senior Member

^
    I guess it could be considered bad etiquette because youre just playing like a dumbass. If you were playing fake money that would be a jackass or donkey thing to do because its showing you dont care and that adds no deception or skill into the game.
    With real money that would be a strategy and sacrificing your own money.

14. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

money for nothing is always good no matter how much it is

15. Vapemaster

Vapemaster Captain of a sinking ship

Gambling sucks, poker with the boys is always fun but I think it's pathetic that people can get addicted to such petty things as gambling. There are much better things to get addicted to if you like throwing away your money.

16. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

what are you talking about? half the game of poker is not only knowing how to play your cards.. but also how to psych out your opponents.. its called a bluff.. im pretty good at pulling bluffs pretty well... but its easy to call them out too if the person makes odd betting

17. †ù®Ké¥ š†ûƒƒïñg

†ù®Ké¥ š†ûƒƒïñg Eminent Herbalist

The whole point was he wasn't even bluffing he was just playing idiotically because there was nothing to really loose.

18. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

money or no money.. its still part of the strategy of the game.. that would be like someone getting pissed off at me while playing pool because i decided to call a "safety" even though we weren't playing for anything

19. polecat

polecat Weerd

My friend's roommate makes bank playing online poker. We'll go out and get drunk, he'll just play poker. He can make over $200 a night and always makes at least 50. The man is a machine, but he spends his Fridays by himself online so who is the real winner???

20. Popularity

Popularity Senior Member

I said if its real money then that would be a strategy, although a dumb one.