Online Colleges

Discussion in 'Higher Ed' started by RockGoddess, Apr 3, 2007.

1. RockGoddess

RockGoddess Beautiful Disaster

Are they legit or bullshit?

I tried the college thing twice. Two different universities and I kept running into the same problems. It's not for me, however an online degree sounds fantastic! No 8 am classes, no parking meters, no crowds, the tuition is dirt cheap. But do employers take online degrees seriously?

2. PurpleGel

PurpleGel Senior Member

hell no. it's like going community college or even just having your GED. there are plenty of other people who went to real colleges; you can bet your ass that employers are going to hire those people first. don't waste your time with a worthless degree.

3. MamaGoose

MamaGoose Member

To me it would seem like some kind of degree would be better than no degree at all? I'm looking in the the online college too for finacial and scheduling problems of attendance at a full time campus.

So really would it better just to not try and get a degree at all?

4. PurpleGel

PurpleGel Senior Member

hey, if it floats your boat, then go for it. but no one is going to compare an online degree to degree from an accredited, quality institution without having a great laugh....

i'm not trying to discourage so much as to forwarn that this type of degree will definitely not be weighted equally. BUT, ultimately, if a certain job you're interested in will hire you with this type of degree, then that's all you need--you're set. in such a case, it would be a waste of time to get the degree from a top tier college/university!

5. aghori baba

aghori baba Member

Get an education for the sake of an education not for the sake of the piece of paper awarded you at the end. Online degrees is fashioned for those who should know this and already involved in thier own profession.

6. spooner

spooner is done.

people have mouths to feed and shitty careers to get out of.

7. squawkers7

squawkers7 radical rebel

NAU & ASU..down in Flagstaff & Phoenix,AZ offers online degrees. Your diploma won't say if you sat in a classroom or at home in front of your computer.
    There are other colleges across the country that offer the same courses/degrees for people who like to sit in class or at home.

8. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear voice of sexy

most major colleges offer online classes. you may have to take a couple real classes, but you can get by mostly online if that's what you're into and your degree will still be from a real, campus based university