One Out of Space

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by SoLost, Jun 3, 2004.

1. SoLost

SoLost Member

Where I live, everybody is not moving towards the hippy phase again. Everybody is moving towards the punk/80's phase. Sure, I've succombed to it a little bit (their music, for instance), but I'm still a lover and not a fighter. Anybody hear me?

2. jendi17

jendi17 Member

Yeah, I sort of know what you mean. Where I live, most people are ..wannabe rappers/pimps or wannabe surfers. Overall, my whole school in general isn't moving towards hippies. A lot of people in my school are punks, but some of them have hippy ideas. I have a mixed style of punk/hippy.

3. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

I'm the same way... I don't know too many hippies in my circle... ah well, it's nice to be a bit unique.

4. beautifulhippie2

beautifulhippie2 TyeDyeChicka!

Ya! I hear ya!

5. purplesage

purplesage Ah, fuck it...

Same where I am, no whiff of a hippie here... it's all 80s. I was a teenager in the 80s the first time it came around so I'm not too keen to relive the experience!

But then again, I think it's a good thing it's the 80s - I don't want to see the 60s and the hippie movement exploited as the latest cool trend.

6. SoLost

SoLost Member

but really, there's only two of us who are "hippy" at my school, it's really great feeling

7. CaseyCondo

CaseyCondo Member

I don't really see that happening where I live, I hope we don't all go back to the 60s

8. SoLost

SoLost Member

i just hope we come to a state where people agree

preps hate=stoners, goth/punk/80's/outcasts/transracial
    stoners hate=preps, goth/punk/80's
    goth/punk/80's hate=everyone
    outcasts hate=preps
    transracial hate=everyone except themselves

i don't get it at all

9. HippieFlowerGirl67

HippieFlowerGirl67 Banned

We have punks at our school but they know me and another friend of mine who is a hippie as well and they're totally groovy with it. One of them in my math class told me she loved my 60's/70's way of style and life, and I in turn love the punks....

10. canadian_boy

canadian_boy Brohn Zmith

I am the only hippie in my school and probably in my town . It's sure that i'd like sometimes to have more hippie friends but i get along well the punks . I talked of spiritual and political things with them, and we have almost the same views ...

11. Brokenchantress

Brokenchantress Member

yeah...a lot of people in my place have a hippie mentality, but they follow the punk style...didnt someone once say that punks are a manifestation of the 60's hippies or something like that? whatever. but i like to think im a hippie...but ofcourse theres the whole "why are you trying to fit a stereotype" arguement.. i say, just be yourself, but its easier to categorize myself as a hippie, because thats the closest style i fall into... yuppppp

12. SoLost

SoLost Member

if I think about it, I am myself I am a little hippy, a little stoner, a little punk(not the poser kind either), and a little outcast. what do you get all together?

13. Art Delfo

Art Delfo It is dark

Same here

14. SoLost

SoLost Member

nice pic

15. Ankita

Ankita Member

This whole label thing is funny. Makes teenagers disallusional into thinking they can define themselves or the way other people are. Labels are fun. :) They let people embrace diversity and different paths before the adult word. Its just a maturity phase for me.

I myself can be labeled as some stoner looking chick with republican views. :)

16. SoLost

SoLost Member

17. all_rhodesian_reject

all_rhodesian_reject Sonskyn Elvis

Solution? Move

18. SoLost

SoLost Member

Good point. I'm off to Oregon!

19. Brokenchantress

Brokenchantress Member

yay oregon!

20. Bassist

Bassist Gate crasher!

There aren't too many hippies in my school, but I get along well with the punks.

Emo is the big thing around here. Yuck...