One more first time grower:)

Discussion in 'Cannabis Outdoors' started by GergBlack, Aug 19, 2011.

1. GergBlack

GergBlack Guest

Hi guys just read a post on marijuana and depression and i juts wanted to ask does any of you have any experience about it. maybe my weed can allow me stop taking medication.
    Thanks,

2. Indy Hippy

Indy Hippy Zen & Bearded

My wife is bipolar and I know that when she smokes she doesn't need to take her meds. But we've also been workin' on her learnin' how to control her emotions naturally as well. It is my personal belief that no matter what kind of so called "mental illness" or what not a person may have it can always be overcome and controlled with the power of the human mind.

3. mikeyman

mikeyman Member

not so fast my friend...
    Do you think your depression is cause by an event that happened to you or do you think that maybe it was inherited and in the family genes?Your depression can be a lack of chemicals in your brain....

4. Chronologic

Chronologic Member

I've been "clinically depressed" almost as long as I've been smoking weed. It helps me a lot, only problem is it costs a lot.
    Supposedly weed is a depressant though, and over time can make depression worse.

About your "stop taking medication and ill smoke weed instead", bad idea.
    Some people literally need their meds, me being one of them... You take them for a reason and it's nothing THC can replace.

5. builttolast2012

builttolast2012 Member

the shitstem says that i am bipolar and manic deppressive. i havnt taken meds in years because of pot. those drugs are a scam. dont poison yourself

6. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Pharmacuticals can do more harm then good. Every time I see and ad for an anti-depressant it always says the side effects are increased depression.

Kind of like if you were to take pepto bismol when your sick, but the side effect is it makes you puke. See how ridiculous it seems?

7. freebird5

freebird5 Guest

I've been feeling happier since I've been smoking. The only thing is I get sad when a friend finds out and yells at me for smoking.