Once it is 2020 how will you say it?

Discussion in 'The Future' started by bourne1978, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yep.
    I'ma say Twinny-Twinny.

Eric! likes this.
  2. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

"Twenty Twenty" or "Two Thousand Twenty"

3. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I remember my great grandmother telling me she was born in "Nineteen Hundred and Four."

Always seemed like a mouthful to say. I wonder if that's what people born now and into the future think of us saying "Two Thousand and...whatever"

Irminsul likes this.
  4. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

"it"

5. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Le Sigh......Another Day.....Yet Another "Smartass"...... :D

Cheers Glen.

6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

[​IMG]

7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Yes, I find the proper use of vocabulary to diminish over generations since the 1900s or so. My grandparents were the same, they would spell out a sentence word for word whereas nowadays we just say yeah nah was good weekend what's up this arvo? Lol. And our generation tends to shorten words. I kinda think it may have started in America with all the y'alls etc. Lol. This seems to be though, more common in the English language. USA. English and Australian languages are all very different in ways.

I can type better than I speak. I wouldn't be able to throw certain words in sentences vocally that I can type. My brain doesn't seem to process the information for that lol, if I try too hard I often find myself stumbling and mumbling, saying words I should end a sentence with, 4 words before the sentence ends, in a place that makes no sense, or sometimes ill even just make words up.

It could also be a social anxiety thing, because I can talk fine to my wife and certain friends, but certainly not others.

Yeah my brain is like a potato computer that loads a application too fast and then can't open it, that's what words do when I can talk. It's like I see words in my head as I speak. That's exactly it. It's like I'm thinking 3 seconds ahead of myself and my mouth is just blabbering on, but what I'm really focussing on is the process in which I was to direct the conversation but I'm stumbling over myself because sometimes I start saying things 3 seconds ahead in preparationm Plus I like to exaggerate with my arms and body language sometimes. I'm a emotional person, and people gotta feel my story and vibes. So I'm sure flailing my arms about also takes away from the critical thinking process of speaking. In English for me, anyway.

8. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

[​IMG]

9. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I'm the same way. I had a friend back in the days of AIM, i remember we were chatting on AIM once and he told me he had no idea I was smart until he talked to me online lol. Because i really struggle expressing myself verbally, I stumble over words and cant think of certain words sometimes. I express myself so much better through written word

Irminsul likes this.
  10. Asmodean

Certainly counts for me too in english! But not in my own language.

Irminsul likes this.
  11. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

Twenty-twenty. It's quicker and these days we're too lazy for extra syllables. We're in the generation where people speak in acronyms like "smh" and "yolo" or whatever.

12. themnax

themnax Senior Member

removing accidental double post due to slow connection

13. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i rather suspect the pronunciation of the word "it" will not drastically change.

as for the year, why would i not continue, as i do now, to pronounce it precisely as written?
    (twenty eighteen, twenty nineteen, twenty twenty, twenty twenty one, and so on)

unless of course, in the unlikely event, some other calander were to be adopted by then, possibly the baha'i calander that began in 1844,
    or ether the jewish or chinese calanders that are known to be two or three thousand years older then our current one.

and i do not doubt other possibilities i am unaware of exist as well. perhaps the kindly diversity of aliens of the galactic council,
    will attempt to bring reason and education to us poor backward humans.

a much more complex proposition then simply throwing a large rock at us, too fast and from too far away for us to detect, let alone do anything about.

(my pronouncing it at all, also depends upon my remaining alive to do so, a probable though not inevitable likelihood)

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
  14. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Two Thousand And Twenty........Or..... And Much Easier......Twenty Twenty..... I Hope I Live To Say It.... :D

Cheers Glen.

themnax likes this.
  15. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I will call it 1920

16. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Some Mothers Do Have Them.....Le Sigh..... :D

Cheers Glen.

17. Asmodean

I'd try verbally as usual.