On the Road...A movie?

Discussion in 'Beat and Hippie Books' started by Sleeper, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Sleeper

Sleeper Member

Jack Kerouac's On the Road, the beatnik bible, is being made into a film. It has already finished casting and all. When I first heard the news I was already bummed out because I knew that it would turn into some awful overhyped fad but wait til you see who is playing Mary Lou! Kristen Stewart! As if it wasn't bad enough already that vampire girl is playing a lead roll, she is just generally not a very good actress. If you catch any of her other flicks it's just no good. The casting for the other characters is just as bad. I wish there was some way to stop this from being made but I guess there's just nothing we can do. :(

Source:
    http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0209551/

2. Meliai

Meliai Banned

oh she's such an awful actress...oh jeez and it gets worse...kirsten dunst? viggo mortenson?? granted, he's a decent actor and a sexy, sexy man but I dont like the idea of well-known actors playing my beloved on the road characters...I think it would have worked better with unknown actors.

3. lunarverse

lunarverse The Living End

It already is in its current form.

4. Sleeper

Sleeper Member

I suppose it's popularity with the current hipster scene might be considered annoying but I think in perspective I'd rather have it popular with those too hip to talk to me rather than with the vampire people. cry cry cry

5. Sleeper

Sleeper Member

If you read the comments and topics about the movie so far there is someone that claims to be a real Kerouac and wants to play the role of Jack. It's a very funny post.

6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

lol i wish a real Kerouac would play a character in the movie, that would be awesome. And I agree, I would rather the hipster crowd, who are at least intelligient enough to read a classic book, make this story trendy then the prepubescent vampire crowd who will only get into the story because kristen stewart is in the movie and probably never make it through the book. I just think the book could make a great movie if it fell in the right hands, but looks like its gonna be some hollywood drivel instead...hooray.

7. alexander88

alexander88 Member

twilight>on the road :)

8. Sleeper

Sleeper Member

them's fightin' words

9. dazedgatsby

dazedgatsby shitheel

!This movie is gonna suck :mad: FUCK! I WANNA RIP SOMETHINGS HEAD OFF! :rolleyes:

10. dazedgatsby

dazedgatsby shitheel

ROFL

Crack is a hell of a drug isn't it? :rolleyes:

11. alexander88

alexander88 Member

haha yup x

12. alexander88

alexander88 Member

wouldn't know hehe. seriously though, on the road, not a good thing

13. dazedgatsby

dazedgatsby shitheel

n00b

14. wishful sinful

wishful sinful Member

15. emu_cuff

emu_cuff Guest

Viggo Mortensen... could be cool. But this movie could suck balls too. Either or...