Omg!!!

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by sweetdreadlover, Apr 18, 2007.

1. sweetdreadlover

sweetdreadlover TattooedRainbowGurl

It finally happened! I am 5 weeks 4 days pregnant!!!!!....I am so so so happy!!!! My only issue is finding a trustworthy homebirthing midwife in eugene oregon...if anyone can help me out there i would be most appreciative!!!!...thanks so much!!

2. shaina

shaina No War Know Peace

congratulations!!!!!!! i actually know of one i just don't know her name off of the top of my head let me get back to you

3. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

EUgene, you should be able to find one.....

4. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

Yay congrats :)

5. hummblebee

hummblebee hipstertist.

Yay! We all knew it would happen for you! :) I'll ask some family I've got out there... no doubt they'll know of a midwife! (In fact, my sis *planned* to have her little one in Eugene, but they ended up moving p to p-town early in her pg...) So happy for you!

6. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

omg! yesss! congrats! I am soooo happy and excited for you! welcome to the mommy club bree :)

7. SugarStash

SugarStash Member

Congratulations!!! I'm so glad that it finally happened for you! Sorry, no help on the midwife front, as I live on the other side of the country, but I know you'll find a great one!

8. HippyFreek

HippyFreek Vintage Member

Congratulations! And welcome to the world of craziness!

As a fellow plus-size mother, I can share a lot of insight into the risks of being a fluffy pregnant momma, the medical field's view of us, and how midwifes, while helping us, have to still cover their own butts.

A good website is http://plus-size-pregnancy.org/firstindex.html

It's full of inspiration and information as you journey through pregnancy and breastfeeding. Also, if you suffer from PCOS, please look into treatment as this might hender your milk supply. And if you have small breasts for your frame, see an IBCLC to discuss any breastfeeding issues that might result.

All in all, congrats again! *hugs*

ETA: A midwife in the area: EUGENE
    Jesica Dolin, CPM, LDM (Licensed Midwife)

More info at http://www.cat-and-dragon.com/stef/Fat/usa/us_or.html

9. barefoot_kirstyn

barefoot_kirstyn belly flop

CONGRATS! and welcome to the club! :D

10. Dakota's Mom

Dakota's Mom Senior Member

Congrats on the new babe. I love seeing more hippie babies on here, especially when the mommies have struggled to get them started.

Kathi

11. jgirl

jgirl Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Congratulations!!

12. sweetdreadlover

awww thanks so much erin!!! and humblebee!!..i thank you very much...also...no luck on the midwife front yet..im getting worried cuz im almost 6 weeks...any help?

13. Bumble

Bumble Senior Member

CONGRATS!!!! I'm sooooo happy for you! So did it happen after you stopped worrying about it not happening?

14. shaina

shaina No War Know Peace

the following midwives are in eugene or,
    Address: Eugene, OR 97402
    USA
    Phone: 541 242 3601
    Detail: I am a midwife serving the Eugene area in an established homebirth practice and offering kind, compassionate in-home care at affordable prices. Waterbirth, labor support doula services and childbirth education; group, private and sibling classes available. All services offered on a sliding scale. Early pregnancy and preconception consultation also available. Empowerment through natural birth!

Ten Moons Rising Midwifery Services
    Address: 541 W. 21st Ave.
    Eugene, OR 97405
    USA
    Phone: 541-953-8673
    Email: elise@tenmoonsmidwifery.com
    Detail: Gentle, noninterventive Homebirth Services in Eugene, Oregon area. Waterbirth, prenatal and postpartum care. Also, labor support for hospital and birth center births and childbirth preparation classes. I trust implicitly in normalcy of birth (have birthed 4 children)and provide safe, compassionate care for the homebirthing family. Se habla espanol.

15. Krsna Bhakti

Krsna Bhakti d-_-b JAMMING

Congrats big time :) Glad to see how excited you are too! Good luck and much love to your family :)

16. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

Many congratulations to you! May you have a happy and healthy pregnancy!

{{{Hugs and belly rubs!!!}}}

17. sweetdreadlover

I have used tenmoonsmidwifery.com, and it seems thats who i am going with :):)..I am sooo nervous...and i am sooo excited at the same time...does anyone know anything about this midwifery clinic persay?

18. shaina

shaina No War Know Peace

nope i don't know anything about them i just looked them up on the midwiferytoday.com page

19. sweetdreadlover

Uh yeah...lol...funny story.I gave up trying and ended up prego two days later...LOLOLOL

20. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

mazel tov.
    wishing you an uneventful pregnancy and safe delivery of a healthy babe.