OMG NOT AGAIN HELP! (Birth Control)

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by Danielle, May 14, 2004.

1. Danielle

Danielle Member

:( Is there any thing any thing what so ever that would help me to not start my period? Im sitting here almost in tears as i just went to the bath room and seen the small amount of blood on the toliet paper. I got my 1st Depo-Provera shot in Febuary i didnt bleed a month then BAM 1 month full and real heavy period off 1 week then bam another month of heavy period then off one week and now it looks like im going to start again its supposed to be 3 weeks off and 1 week on not the other way around. i got my 2nd shot in hopes it would change on May 4th and did i bite off more then i can chew .now i have to live with the consequences. Any ideal any 1?:(

2. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

Not Depo-Provera! Brighid said that's a crazy mental institution birth control...or someone said that. Post this in women's issues...someone there will know.

3. missfontella

missfontella Mama of Da Assassins

All I can say is that I bleed for a year straight on that thing. Girl do yourself a favor, switch up.

4. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

I use the Nuva Ring, and I love it. It's just a little ring that you stick up there and it stays in for three weeks, then you take it out for one. I've had no weight gain...I was a little moody for the first month, but it passed.

http://www.nuvaring.com/Consumer/index.asp

5. mrs_eads80

mrs_eads80 Member

I was on depo a year. They first 3 mths I never bleed, but for the final 9 mths I bleed the whole time. The dr gave me some pills to take, but as soon as I ran out of them I started bleeding again. My advice, GET OFF DEPO. it can also cause infertility

6. Harmony_rain

Harmony_rain Keeper of the Stars

yes depo is an evil eveil thing. I was on it for a year and on and off I would get my period for a week then nothing for another week and then I'd get it again aweek after that. When I stopped using it. I had massive bleeding within a 12 hr period. Ibled in 12 hours what a normal person bleeds in their whole period when not using birth control. It was scary and I do not recommend it to anyone. and yes it will cause infertility. I've seen the studies.

7. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

what is this depom you all are talkin about?

8. mrs_eads80

mrs_eads80 Member

Depo Vera it is a fourn of bith control. You get an injection every three months of this thick white liquid that makes your injection site sore as hell. But it is a very horrible form of BC because most woman have horrible reacitons to it. Like lots of weight gain, bleeding for month and months at a time, horrible mood swings ( I am talking mental mood swings ) That's just to name a few. I would have never taken it if it wasn't my only choice. My blood pressure shot up during my pregnancy and didn't go back down for a while and Depo is a non-estrogen BC. (pegsron (sp) only). Estrogen makes your BP worse if you have high blood pressure.

9. lovelyweapon

lovelyweapon Member

Ugh...Depo is the worst BC ever. I agree with pretty much everyone else: go off it! I had one shot and bled for the whole three months. I told my hubby this must be how it works, you can't even have sex at all while you're on it! Anyway, yeah, do yourself a favor and don't bother getting another shot. Unfortunately I don't think there is anything that would help you until it runs out. I hope that it gets better soon for you.

10. Harmony_rain

Harmony_rain Keeper of the Stars

I am currently trying the patch. I've only been on it for a month and I'm hoping it works out alright. Is anyone else on it or been on it? is it a good one? I'm just so bad at taking the pill and I need to be on BC because I get bad periods. Thanks for the feedback.

11. Ginge

Ginge Ye Olde Member

So far I've heard two accounts of women getting pregnant while on the patch. I've never used it, so personally I wouldn't know, but I would be careful anyway.

Good luck to you! :)

12. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

I'm on depo, but I'm one of the lucky few who haven't had any bad reactions. Gained some weight, a little moodier than before, but I haven't menstruated in ages.

Anyways, have you looked into Seasonale? I don't know much about it myself, but I've seen a couple ads where basically you're only supposed to menstruate four times a year, rather than every month. Research it as much as possible before hand, especially if you can get some user-comments to be better prepared for what might happen.

13. MollyBloom

MollyBloom Member

The patch is just as effective as the pill. There's always a chance of getting pregnant.
    I have used OrthoEvra (patch) and the pill. I happen to prefer the patch only because it's easier for me to remember once a week rather than once a day. Honestly, it's so easy it's ridiculous..I would just put it on my tummy right above my region. Only once did mine start to come off a little and that was when I wasn't used to it and I scrubbed a washcloth over it in the shower.

14. MaryJeanne

MaryJeanne Member

yah, im on the patch, have been for a year, no babies so far, works for me cuz i dont fuck it up so i dont get moody or sick from it. the patch works for me and my stoner memory cuz the pill i forgot alllllll the time. and thats no good. i get a weekly reminder in my email! yah, so awesome. plus my periods are wicked light now.
    and thats my input.... good luck!
    peace and love

15. moombachan

moombachan Member

Okay, that's great, but it's far less reliable than some form of contraceptive. I mean, maybe you're really unlikely to get pregnant the day after your period ends, but that doesn't mean you can't. You can get pregnant any time you have sex, and if you're using the cycle method of birth control, you're still more likely to get pregnant than if you were on a contraceptive. It's not like you can only get pregnant on certain days...

16. Enonemouse

Enonemouse Happy Wanderer

Me too I bleed the whole time it really sucks ass!!!!

17. "†"»AMBER«

"†"»AMBER« Member

Ahh All Birth Control Is Bad!!!!!!!

18. Cerberus

Cerberus Member

And why is that Amber? what exactly is bad about it?

Will you respond with words or grunts for this one?

I already know the answer(either I'm clever or you're predictable)

19. Gemini Dream

Gemini Dream Member

Fuzzywuzz: Shut up! Seriously, everything I've seen you post you sound like you'll strangle anyone who doesn't listen to you... not very effective. You sound like a religious fanatic.

20. Gemini Dream

Gemini Dream Member

See, now maybe if you posted like this all the time instead of reacting as "LEARN YOUR VAGINAL LIQUIDS!!!!" and freaking out, I'd respect your opinion more.