OMG, broken law and ruined career!!! My BF and my life is ruined

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by Codmouse, Jan 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Codmouse

Codmouse Senior Member

So... I know I haven't posted in a while... But here is what is going on. I need my communities help with some advice and knowledge spreading (please, if you know your dumb your probably not going to teach me anything. Leave it to the smart people for now so I am not wasting my time on redundant obvious comments that are basic knowledge).

Sew, I was hating where I live. No dance clubs, ugly area (subjective), mean people, and too many cops. No wonder I go to Denver every time I get free time and money... But to clarify for those who don't know, I live in Grand Junction, Colorado. I did this with my BOYFRIEND or GIRLFRIEND. Shouldn't really matter. But it does... Possibly play my gay card in this situation. I hate doing it but... Whatever helps. I moved out here with my HS teacher BF to get off of Heroin the right way. I succeeded, but chip (use without withdrawals) every other weekend ish. He stopped using anything at some point before we moved out to Grand Junction.

So here is the VERY interesting story and the case I have. We were approached by two policemen (S/L) who shone lights on us for no apparent reason, at which time I asked them what crime we had committed immediately. They replied, "nothing, we are just talking and checking you out". I replied, "Then at this point this is harassment and I would like to go."

1. Law broken or is this the first wrong impression of fucked up protocol by police?

We would like to talk, the police officers said. As we closed the door he noticed a hypodermic needle; saying, "Is that a hypodermic needle?". Upon which we replied with a, "yes, here are our Needle exchange cards which exempt us from city, county, and state laws regarding drug paraphernalia" (Cards were handed to L) Pictured below (Note charge 18-18-428 on picture of ticket (and read story from officer side) at the bottom) Keep in mind, this is state law, and netiher county has a law against paraphernalia. Both of the cards work state wide. But I (and my BF) participate and VOLUNTEER at both the Grand Junction and Denver exchanges, so we have cards for both places. Ticket is from Grand Junction...

[​IMG][​IMG]

At which point they grabbed the needle out of the car without notifying us of seizure nor search.

2. Is that another broken law? IDK...

At this point I started recording with HD video what was happening, which will be uploaded and referenced if someone wants to see it enough or thinks it pivotal to the case(28m). The video proves Kyle and I at the same time, multiple times ask them not to search our car. They do not have permission. Me also asking for their supervisor. All while proving that I was completely cooperative and well mannered while they were very obviously being harassing. The supervisor said, after looking at the cards; "that is whats called an affirmative defense. You can take that up in court. I don't care about you saying no to a search, we are doing it anyways."

3. Law broken? Probable cause is such a loose term. But if you agree its wrong, then I am in the right. Because I will be using a jury. (BTW, they found nothing illegal, more evidence of unreasonable search and harassment.)

My BF and I both said no again, on video, but they continued to search. They found THC Mints (legal in Colorado) and informed my BF its legal but illegal on campus. He confirmed. They then found an expired ID of mine. I originally presented them with a valid Military ID. They then, (skipping a bit) let us go and wrote us a ticket using my invalid ID they found from out of state

4. Using an invalid ID to fill out an already illegal ticket is illegal, right?

Here is a picture of the ticket. Read their side of the ticket, the law I broke (while referencing our cards), and the state of the license (which is all blacked out besides the state).

[​IMG]

They then proceeded to call my BF's job the next day (mon)

5. This is definitely illegal, right? Harassment out of the ass. Career damage, social, emotional damage. He was forced to take a piss test the very hour. Which came up negative (more evidence of harassment and whatever)

This also caused a potential employer he was applying to call him that day (mon) to tell him she wasn't hiring him because of another person. (more restitution money?)

They also lie on the ticket, saying Kyle has a "track mark" with "FRESH blood"?! Psh, its a inch long dark mark on his arm. Thats it, no where else can u find any evidence of a "track mark" looking thing. Mine are undeniably track marks and I am willing to take all the blame from the mints all the way down to forcing him to lie about things. Whatever it takes.

P.S. in order to protect our selves we spoke with the news paper and not putting his name in the next days blotter. This protects careers and whatev, but the news paper agreed not to do it and wants to do an article. Which is great for a few reasons: it bring to attention that the police in GJ are bad, it shows GJ they have a needle exchange (just opened a few months ago. me and Kyle helped open it), and it makes anyone who heard of it know Kyle was in the right. But makes me look bad as hell... idk though. I hate this place and we are leaving tomorrow (suspension becauses he is under investigation) or at the end of the school year.

2. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

First of all.......relax. Breathe.

Just bring your exemption card thingy to court, and if they're legit then your case will be dismissed.

Worst case scenario......you are convicted of a drug paraphernalia charge. This would in no way, shape or form "ruin your life." It's a petty offense with a small fine....probably $100 or less. Employers don't care about petty offenses. Most of the time they only look for felonies, and in some cases misdomeanors. I've never heard of anyone giving a shit about petty charges.

To put it into perspective....I have somewhere around 8 or so misdomeanor drug possession charges and it's never been an issue while looking for work, or with anything else at all.

I don't know about them calling someone's work....that seems fucked up but I don't know about the legality though. Other than that I don't really see anything they did that's illegal. Besides maybe they should have warned you before taking the needle. It's definitely not anything worth building a lawsuit over.

Unless of course I'm missing something or am misinterpreting

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I'm dumb and offer no help.
    Also TL;DR all of it.

But when you try and be a smart arse to police officers like "well this is harassment!!!" And try and make a scene.. you get what you deserve tbh.

4. Jo King

Jo King wannabe

I'm pretty dumb too but I know if you're nice to people, people are general nice to you. And believe it or not cops are people.

5. Mountain Valley Wolf

Mountain Valley Wolf Senior Member

Cops are turning into real shits in Colorado and elsewhere. If you seriously think that you were being compliant, and not demeaning in any way towards the cops, then turn it over to the ACLU----with your video. There are numerous angles that the ACLU can look at this from---but one of the main things was whether your rights were violated because you are gay.

While in Denver, you don't want to run afoul of Jefferson County cops either---they are really bad too.

6. Mountain Valley Wolf

Mountain Valley Wolf Senior Member

As much as that is true, and the fact that there are good cops out there, there are far more cops that are on some kind of ego trip, and have no problem bending the rules, lying, or doing other things in order to dominate you---whether giving you a ticket, or arresting you, or just outright intimidating you and daring you to do something, when they can't find anything else.

There are also more cops in Colorado now that are being pushed to make arrests, and write tickets-----this is because since marijuana became legal last year, the crime rate has been steadily falling, and fewer arrests are being made. We do have for profit prisons here owned by private business interests-----so, cops are being pushed harder to make arrests or at least write tickets.

I have always tried to give cops the benefit of the doubt, and look for the good in all kinds of people. But cops are overstepping their bounds in this State, and it is getting harder and harder to trust them.

7. Codmouse

Codmouse Senior Member

I don't think you know me, nor my partner very much then. Because one, I have a secret security clearance that ABSOLUTELY AFFECTS by job. Along with Kyle being a HIGHSCHOOL TEACHER. He was already told to pack some of his shit to prepare for tomorrow. The Dept. of Energy's atomic weap. program doesn't really fuck around with drug addicts either. Not that I am admitting to that, but it has already tarnished out future employment. Which effects our entire lives and quality thereof. So, restitution over harassment that was so obvious... Idk, ur the first to disagree this was wrong.

8. Codmouse

Codmouse Senior Member

I kinda hate dealing with people who don't know me. I am nice, ask my friends that you've seen active on this board that I am waiting for a response from. i.e. mr. writer, porkstock, stoner420, twang, etc.. The reason I say this is because there is always a standoffish attitude towards me for some reason amongst people who don't know shit and are dumb.

Just to be an ass even more, and to make you look even more dumb (since I told you not to waste my time). Take a second and research the Stanford prison experiment and how people in position of authority are not people... Plus, I DID say in the post I am being completely polite. I didn't say, "you don't know ur job yoz. eye think ur dumb harasserer..." I told him that after I asked him the crime, I had other stuff to do and that I felt like I was being harassed. Once, not screaming it like an idiot. Gain a little respect and don't treat people like everyone is a retarded drug addict with no life yelling at cops...

YES I have a GOOD, real job. So does KYLE. And, we never yell at cops. And yes, cops do have different minds and approach things differently. So NONE of this besides one post did anything but waste my time explaining to people who assume wrong intent and default intelligence over the situation...

You did admit yourself that you were dumb... I guess not knowing something and admitting it (then desipe being told not to respond) then adding rudeness, and offensive talk just makes you a rude dumb asshole, doesn't it?

9. usedtobehoney

usedtobehoney Senior Member

It's true in several places that cops are motivated by a certain quota. They are told to go look for trouble, even when there is none, they're also told to provoke so that when there is nothing, the citizen gets pissed enough to lose their cool. I'm not sure if they get in trouble if the case is dismissed, but it sounds like you have nothing to worry about, OP.

10. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

A junkie HS teacher and a junkie with a security clearance?

Neither of you deserve your jobs or should be anywhere near children or sensitive material.

11. Codmouse

Codmouse Senior Member

WOW. I forgot... I haven't posted on this site in a bit. I forget how rude, ignorant, and unable to read properly most people are... Grammar there... idc

Let me tell you Mr. Perfect, who obviously doesn't make mistakes. We moved away from the bad shit. We AREN'T junkies... We WERE. Shitbrick mother fucker god damnit I can't handle dumb ass's. Esp. hypocritical ones.

12. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

This should be posted in the whiners forum...Live and learn OP.... and yes it's all wrong but
    you should have been more discrete with those needles and more polite to the cops.
    What are you stupid?

PS; working for the dept of energys atomic weapon dept ain't exactly hippie. (Karmas a bitch.)

13. Codmouse

Codmouse Senior Member

I don't get it. I am being trolled so hard right now. Where the "rude" or "need to be polite" portion came from is not valid. It's straight up trolling by not reading the OP. I'd hate to tell skip about violating rules by not contributing and trolling... Now stfu

P.S. HIP forums could refer to a HIPSTER. Dumb fuck. I'm neither but share (well, not with almost everyone in this thread so far) the understanding, free heartedness, of a hippy. Which you obviously lack if you want cops breaking the law with you and giving them control... Hypocrite hippy like most people on this board. Again, STFU

14. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Once a junkie, always a junkie. Someone really messed up when they did your background checks if you were able to land those jobs.

Hey, look... we finally agree on something. May this be the foundation of a long-lasting friendship. :love:

15. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

Youre right, I DONT KNOW YOU OR YOUR PARTNER. You asked a question and I answered it based on the INFORMATION GIVEN.

Cops are allowed to talk to you. They can ask you questions. If they see paraphernalia in plain sight they can search your car. Your exemption card doesn't change that. If it's legit it can however get the case dismissed in court. Your ticket doesn't say anything about the mints....I don't understand why you are bugging about that.

My guess is if you were more polite they wouldn't have even given you the ticket.

As far as your partner goes....I'm not going to ask 20 qquestions. You haven't given enough info for anyone to know what's going on.

16. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

If you take a defensive tone and accuse the police of harassing you right off the bat, they're probably either going to think you have something to hide or they'll want to mess with you.

I know this isn't the answer you want to hear, but I have to wonder why you went all the way to 'what crime have we committed?' as opposed to something like 'can I help you?' or even 'Good evening' or something slightly more cordial.

17. Codmouse

Codmouse Senior Member

Nah, I think they do their jobs pretty fucking well in comparison to WTFE kind of job you have. BTW, being off topic, not adding to the convo, and trolling are three HIPFORUM rules you are breaking. Leave the thread and I wont report you...

People with something to add though, plz do.

P.S. Yes, I am being an ass right now. Rightfully so imo. Had it been something surrounding something else I wouldn't care as much and entertain the troll.

18. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

If you only want responses from certain people, then send them private messages. You don't need to come here and act like a prick.

19. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

No doubt the cops picked up on your petulance.

You obviously don't have much practical experience dealing with cops.
    You don't fight harassment by crying foul to the cops harassing you.

You gather your evidence and use proper legal channels.

20. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Not trolling, just making a general observation about your lifestyle and potential character. I was simply stated how baffled I am by the lack of proper screening procedures in the professional workplace. I think that it can relate to your experience with your own perceived lack of professionalism exhibited by the officers whom you've encountered.

I wish you the best of luck with staying off drugs. Having hypodermic needles laying around, no matter for what purpose, cannot possible help.

May you live long and prosper.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.